Sign in to follow this  
Busted

M325 FOR SALE

it is a genuine new zealand new m325 i am the 3rd owner and it has done approx 250,000 k's it is in good condition and i have spent heaps of money on maintanance i the only problem is this car will be coming up to a engine rebuild in the future every thing else has been done my reason for selling is purely financial as i have moved in with my other half and we cannot justify having a second car right now and money is tight as we both study full time please call me on 021403136 for further info i am going to list it on trade me in the next few days. i will be realistic about price but make a reasonable offer. this car has a FULL service history and is a great drive. to the person who wants to know how it is an m325 : it has the black headliner, msport seats, steering wheel, and is 5spd manual and im sure there are others also if you check with Jerry Clayton they will also tell you the same as all servicing has been through them. I belive they were the ones who sold it new also.

to the person who wants to know how it is an m325 : it has the black headliner, msport seats, steering wheel, and is 5spd manual and im sure there are others also if you check with Jerry Clayton they will also tell you the same as all servicing has been through them. I belive they were the ones who sold it new also.

Where's the kit?

Guest Andrew

Where's the kit?

that's what I was thinking.

Post your rego number up to prove the sceptics like me wrong.

If you could prove it has LSD i'm sure it would sell easily.

i wont post my rego number if you are interested contact me and you can come have a look im here to sell it. im not here to discuss whether or not it is a msport as it is and you will see that when you look at it. A Kit does not make it a Msport.

Edited by Busted

Guest Andrew

i wont post my rego number if you are interested contact me and you can come have a look im here to sell it. im not here to discuss whether or not it is a msport as it is and you will see that when you look at it. A Kit does not make it a Msport.

meh you posted it up for the world to see - we can discuss it as much as we like.

M325 =

Bilstien Shocks (perhaps Boge on facelift) + Short Springs

Black Headliner

Thicker sways

LSD

Bodykit

If it don't got all those things - then it isn't one.

As i said it was sold on, are you interested or just wasting my time. fine you can discuss it but do not call me a liar, if you dont belive what im saying and dont want to look at it then piss off

meh you posted it up for the world to see - we can discuss it as much as we like.

M325 =

Black Headliner

Thicker sways

LSD

Bodykit

Andrew, all of the things youve just mentioned can be removed and it will still be an M325.

Why someone would choose to remove them is another story.

I totally understand that you want to ensure the integrity of the site when it comes to cars selling but there is no need to be such a pr!ck about it.

being a 88 would that make it a m tech 2???

that would be a lot of pissing around taking it off to sell it. it seems they have put the black strip things back on and changed the front and rear valance.

sorry, bit of topic ... just seems strange

good luck with the sale

Andrew, all of the things youve just mentioned can be removed and it will still be an M325.

how exactly would it not be just another 325i? its rego?

Guest Andrew

M325 =

Black Headliner

Thicker sways

LSD

Bodykit

Why someone would choose to remove them is another story.

I totally understand that you want to ensure the integrity of the site when it comes to cars selling but there is no need to be such a pr!ck about it.

They are all just 325s with options anyway. If anyone is going to call thier car a M325 it should at least have all the options.

If you don't want to put up with the comments when selling your car here - then don't put it up here.

A motorsport is just a 325i with kit - so it can be 100% motorsport - with everything, or 0% motorsport - if everything has been removed.

I would at least want to see:

- sports seats

- lsd

- 5spd box (not dog-leg)

- steering wheel change

- rear spoiler

- front / rear / side kit

if I was going to buy a motorsport. However, others may be happy with less. Let the buyer beware, and move on.

BTW: I don't think the VIN registration is conclusive of anything, and I don't think BMW maintain a register of whether something is motorsport or not (or even sport or not).

Guest Spargo

BTW: I don't think the VIN registration is conclusive of anything, and I don't think BMW maintain a register of whether something is motorsport or not (or even sport or not).

BMW NZ used to kit poorly specced 87 and 90 325i's with their respective M-tec kits so they'd get them off the lot.

BMW UK have immaculate records of what was a Sport and what wasn't, so if its an import, talk to them... but if an import is being advertised as a 325i Motorsport, beware :D

Everyone stop being such pedantic wankers and start an off-topic thread in which to flame each other in since this is not the place for it...oh why can't I mod this thread...

BTW, i've started a hate thread

Edited by ///Carl

For the purporses of my arguement Im assuming this car is genuine. If I had an M325 which I knew to be the real deal I would have no problems about proving it....so the ball is in your court Busted.

So Gus, when exactly does it stop being an M car ?

When you take the badge off ? When you remove the kit ? When you dye the headliner orange ? At what point do you draw the line and say this car is no longer an M325 ?

When it left the factory it was genuine and therefore will always be genuine regardless of what gets added or removed in its lifetime.

Let me re-iterate, I have no problems with Andrew (or anyone else for that matter) wanting to confirm that it is genuine, I just dont agree with how he went about confirming it thats all.

So Gus, when exactly does it stop being an M car ?

When anything is removed. The only difference between an m325i and 325i is what is listed above. if any of that is removed, its not the real deal anymore.

If i took the engine out of an m3 and swapped it with a 1800cc engine, its not an m3 anymore.

IMO it may have been 'genuine' at one stage, but if you take parts off it that made it 'genuine' in the first place, then how can you claim it is still 'genuine'?

You can certainly say it WAS genuine, but now it is missing pieces that made people pay $80k for it back in the day.

Edited by m325i

Guest Andrew

well at the very least we've had a mint discussion -

To me my car is just as much as an M325 as anyone elses even though its a 323. I wouldn't call it an M car or even an M specced car though. Its about a non-factory now as some of the modded/turboed/motor swapped ones on this site.

To me - an M325 isn't a M325. Its a 325 with a bunch of option boxes ticked and they are all the desirable one. Its just a bloody marketing thing.

The car in question right now is a desirable car - has the LSD, Man, Sport seats (who cares about the headliner). But its no 325 sport.

Now yes yes I know there were REAL sports - but I have never seen one here.

Martyn: I'm not being a prick and internet doesn't convey tone very well and some people are probably more sensitive than I am.

this is why threads should run their course... it may have gone off topic a bit but you have to admit its been pretty classic!!!

and i for one have learnt a lot about 325's 325S's and M325's

you are aknowledgeable bunch

So define a real sport.

325is

Note the s in 325is

Do they have the high compression engine and dogleg box?