Sign in to follow this  
Busted

M325 FOR SALE

Now yes yes I know there were REAL sports - but I have never seen one here.

There is a first for everything.

Let the guy have a chance to show it....

Pic request for all the "M325i" bits as Andrew states.

- sports seats

- lsd

- 5spd box (not dog-leg)

- steering wheel change

- rear spoiler

- front / rear / side kit

just outta info...

the "high compression engine" is a myth

from what ive researched, it refers to the fact that pre FL engines have a higher compression ratio than the FL, refer all the UK guys with pre FL making stock power (when stock) and the FL making less.

feel free to correct me with proof anyone

Here's a thought. Maybe BMW NZ realised that due to the success of the M3, the M badge was recognised and coveted. So when they could source some 325is models, they simply badged them M. Approval for this you can guarantee would have come from Germany and from the M division, whose anal nature extends to the colours you can use on T shirts.

I think the high compression engine as listed below, is a myth. The dogleg came on earlier models (esp. 323iMs., of which there were some, but I recall that the box wasn't as good operationally as the 5spd in later 325iMs.

Otherwise Andrew, you're suggesting that the 325iS was a model for the UK and US, which had identical specs to the 325iM, yet was never imported here, despite us having an identical model, with identical specs. I'm yet to see a 325iS with an "S" badge on it, (cue somebody proving me wrong), yet I've seen plenty with M badges on on UK forums. What's the answer there?

Any car dealer who dealt in the 325IM will tell you that they commanded a significant premium (and still do) in their day. Was everyone stupid and you've been the first to see through this charade?

There are a lot of copy cars out there and there are genuine ones. Our convertible has everything now, bar the LSD, but it ain't no Motorsport. The 325iM on the other hand has everything and handled better as stock and is the real thing. Whether you like it or not.

Enough ranting.

Cheers.

incidentlly, the car that started this hijacked thread looks fine (would be better with all the kit) and I wish him luck.

325is

Note the s in 325is

Do they have the high compression engine and dogleg box?

South African 325is models all had the 2.7 motor, not sure what the compression was, and the non-dogleg box.

The evo 1 325is had some aluminium panels, evo 2 went back to steel. Had all the standard bits that the M models have like LSD, Recaros etc.

There were a large number of 2.7 intercooled turbos around as well, but that was aftermarket, largely done by a place called Alpine Developments. Standard turbos had a 300kw rating from Alpine but most went much bigger with +400kw and many had nitrous as well.

Hey guys very interesting read sorry bout the post mate long day yesterday i have some more info and will post pics of the requested options when i have some time during the day i have done some work on this car most listed below

Engine mounts replaced, most suspension bushes replaced, some suspension and steering components replaced, new clutch and slave cylinder. Brakes discs and pads replaced. All rust removed. Seats reupholstered in genuine bmw materials. the car has had a respray bar one door hard to tell the dif though

This is what i have got. the following can be debated till we all turn blue i am not a mechanic but have been informed that:

Car is a genuine nz new with full service history available via jcbmw. M325 with upgraded suspension, m gear ratios I gearbox and diff, m clutch and 5 speed manual gearbox. Shadow line exterior. No non genuine parts used in any repairs

To me - an M325 isn't a M325. Its a 325 with a bunch of option boxes ticked and they are all the desirable one. Its just a bloody marketing thing.

ell and some people are probably more sensitive than I am.

Yes true.

But there is the issue of "genuine article". m325i/sports do have small options (eg. completely de-chromed) that would be difficult (and fairly pointless) to create a m325i/sport identicle to the genuine thing.

Therefore although you can create an 'm325i/sport' like car, but it is not identicle. So it doesn't have the intrinsic value added due to rareness. (which is probably minimal ATM)

I could put a 4age and LSD in an AE85 corolla, that doesnt make it an AE86.

Oh and the pre FL m20 does go harder than the FL.... biartches.

Exactly - if you want to see the car because you are interested in buying it - go have a look. Satisfy yourself that it is / is not what you want and go from there.

the "high compression engine" is a myth

Agreed. All M20B25's left the factory with a nominal 170 odd horsepower (accepting that later cars like mine probably struggled to make that fresh from the factory :( ). UK "325 Sport" is identical to NZ M325i, bar options not worth having here (headlamp wash/wipe is what comes to mind).

There were a large number of 2.7 intercooled turbos around as well, but that was aftermarket, largely done by a place called Alpine Developments. Standard turbos had a 300kw rating from Alpine but most went much bigger with +400kw and many had nitrous as well

An article I have (South African "Car", Jan 1992) quotes the power as 210kw. Interesting reading. Mitsubishi turbo, described as a complete handful in the wet, and capable of about 240km/h - have to love E30 "aerodynamics".

I'm yet to see a 325iS with an "S" badge on it, (cue somebody proving me wrong), yet I've

US market got a 325is. Sounds like a similar car to the sport/M325i (LSD, sport suspension etc), but no bodykit or shadowlining.

Oh and the pre FL m20 does go harder than the FL.... biartches.

Until you can prove it on a dyno you are full of sh*t, you've got 118.5rwhp to beat.

From factory the FL had better stats than the pre-FL, look in your hand book and you'll see it in your face.

Guest Andrew

Until you can prove it on a dyno you are full of sh*t, you've got 118.5rwhp to beat.

From factory the FL had better stats than the pre-FL, look in your hand book and you'll see it in your face.

meh you can't compare between dynos but his is a 325 and of course will score higher than you.

(I got 170 rwhp)

US market got a 325is. Sounds like a similar car to the sport/M325i (LSD, sport suspension etc), but no bodykit or shadowlining.

theres a picture of a 325iS ... guy I talk to from BFC. Lives in Guyana ! talk about remote country.

post-11-1125441525.jpg

Guest Andrew

theres a picture of a 325iS ... guy I talk to from BFC. Lives in Guyana ! talk about remote country.

i HATE american e30s - they are so ugly with those big assed bumpers.

and ordinarily a 325is would have no kit - whatever that ugly kit is isn't stock.

and ordinarily a 325is would have no kit - whatever that ugly kit is isn't stock.

"just tuck the bumpers dude" :thumbsdown:

170hp at the wheels?

Guest Andrew

"just tuck the bumpers dude" :thumbsdown:

170hp at the wheels?

yeah - last dyno 127 kW at wheels. I'm not exactly stockers though. That was after dropping 2.5g on a Link ECU.

Guest Spargo

Expect an in depth article from yours truely on 325iS soon, just putting the finishing touches.

An article I have (South African "Car", Jan 1992) quotes the power as 210kw.

Here is a snapshot off Alpine Developments web page showing the intercooled 325iS with 300kW and the non-intercooled with 200kW.

OK this is for all the people out there who have doubts about my car i have found the original cert of rego so all those people who were skeptics can all shut up and come buy my car cheers

post-11-1125470970.jpg