Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Black has arrived

Ok, so it's arrived today finally, I'm actually quite surprised on how well it does go, certainly no 320d but then again it's no pig either, seems to be quite crisp first off, and nothing between 3000rpm and 5500rpm after that it kinda delivers.

Much smoother than the E46, the clutch, and six speed manual box is brilliant, it's tight, solid and rides very well and seems to handle quite good also, it doesn't feel as well made as the E46 though, but I think we all knew that! I dunno how long it will last, I'm guessing I'll keep the 320d and biff this soon for a E90 320d or 330d if possible.

I see it has sports suspension settings e.t.c, what makes it a Motorsport? The kit I take it i.e this is a standard car with MS suspension?

Specs :

Options

Description (EPC)

Sports suspension settings

Multifunction f steering wheel

Sports leather steering wheel

BMW alloy wheel, double spoke 161

Fold-in outside mirror

Exterior parts in vehicle colour

Windscreen, green-tinted upper strip

Glass roof, electrical

Floor mats velours

Warning triangle and first aid kit

Interior mirror with automatic-dip

Smoker package

Seat adjustment, electric, with memory

Through-loading system

Sports seat

Description (EPC)

Headlight cleaning system

Fog lights

Rain sensor

Xenon Light

Automatic air conditioning

Kilometre speedo

Light package

Two-stage stoplamp discontinued

Radio BMW Professional

Provisions for BMW 6 CD changer

Dynamic package

NATIONAL VERSION JAPAN

Battery master switch

Hot-climate version

Acoustic fasten seat belt reminder

Here's some pics :

post-2864-1368424755.jpg

post-2864-1368424763.jpg

post-2864-1368424772.jpg

post-2864-1368424777.jpg

post-2864-1368424783.jpg

post-2864-1368424790.jpg

post-2864-1368424805.jpg

post-2864-1368424815.jpg

post-2864-1368424825.jpg

post-2864-1368424830.jpg

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Why a 3 series? the e90, especially the pre-facelift is the most bland, uninspiring & boring vehicle to look at.

I do however like the facelift 2011+ (only just slightly though) ;)

Why a 3 series? the e90, especially the pre-facelift is the most bland, uninspiring & boring vehicle to look at.

I do however like the facelift 2011+ (only just slightly though) ;)

I dunno, IMO it's quite a good looking machine, albeit, the engine isn't what I'd prefer, but when it owes you less than 13k.... :)

What!!! Less than $13K!!

That's very good bargain, if you don't mind sharing, where did you get it? I'm (will be) looking for a manual, reliable (see below) BMW for teaching and eventually used by my son.

BTW the N46 engine is somehow has a not so sterling reputation for having oil leaks coming from different places. I have what I think a PS pump leak, and with only 80,000kms on the clock-FSH NZ-New, that plainly sucks.

Looks like a good buy for less than 13k!

They had 20 on it, but for that you could get a 320d which would be much more preferable IMO.

What!!! Less than $13K!!

That's very good bargain, if you don't mind sharing, where did you get it? I'm (will be) looking for a manual, reliable (see below) BMW for teaching and eventually used by my son.

BTW the N46 engine is somehow has a not so sterling reputation for having oil leaks coming from different places. I have what I think a PS pump leak, and with only 80,000kms on the clock-FSH NZ-New, that plainly sucks.

From what the trade in owed us, that's what it worked out as. IMO it's in brilliant condition i.e there's only one mark I can find and it's on the rear bumper, the interior is like brand new, almost too good to be true to be honest...

Few issues though I've come across, the LH front light flickers and even turns itself off! And the RH park light isn't working, makes me wonder how it got a WOF with two things like that and it was only done on Saturday, unless they both packed up between now and then.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

I see it has sports suspension settings e.t.c, what makes it a Motorsport? The kit I take it i.e this is a standard car with MS suspension?

Nice score, glad you are pleased with it, wonder how long you will keep this one :P ! Nice colour combo, black on black. Wheels look good, but I think will be a bitch to clean.

Checking out the build data for your car :ph34r: , you are quite right it is a "standard" car with a couple of M-Sport options - the suspension and the sports seats.

A proper M-Sport has option code 337 M-Sport Pack, which includes a whole list of things, wheels, body-kit, steering wheel, seats, suspension, "M" badge on sill finishers, etc..

Can it do a skid?

Can it do a skid?

YES! But only on ice lol

The E46 320d I have with ASC off is a handfull even in the dry. But no, this engine was designed for people in their late 90's lol

And its a manual :wub:

Msport, just Aero basically. Also anthracite headliner, and seats. which I can't tell by your pics, but they seem to have thigh support so I'm assuming are sport seats.

*Nevermind just read the options, it has sports seats, so just missing the aero kit.

Edited by Escay

!!

Very well priced indeed.

I'm not too sure mate, I have seen them for less than 15k on TardMe.

Few close examples :

320i - YEAH NOT SO GENUINE M!

TURNERS

Rot 320i NZ New

That deal above is pretty good being NZ new and leather! A fair amount of car for the $$$

& remember, everyone is negotiable!

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Here's another pic on a siding on the pig route this weekend.

post-2864-1369693889.jpg

I do hate to say it, but even tho it's only a 120i, it went quite good for what it was on the open road. It's only round town it's not so much fun.

Roll on the CSL - if I could find one.

Yea nice!!!! hard to find a manual that's a bonus!!

Yea nice!!!! hard to find a manual that's a bonus!!

In NZ yes. But have a look at ebay.co.uk

More manual Diesels than Autos. Especially 330 and 335 coupes.

I don't want a manual. Yet most of the good ones are manual. Poms love em.

In NZ yes. But have a look at ebay.co.uk

More manual Diesels than Autos. Especially 330 and 335 coupes.

I don't want a manual. Yet most of the good ones are manual. Poms love em.

I've always had a simple guideline.

If it's 4 cylinder & you live in Dunedin, it's gotta be a manual. If it's a decent sized donk, then you can normally get away with the auto. I wouldn't have a 2 litre car here in Dunedin in an auto personally.

I've always had a simple guideline.

If it's 4 cylinder & you live in Dunedin, it's gotta be a manual. If it's a decent sized donk, then you can normally get away with the auto. I wouldn't have a 2 litre car here in Dunedin in an auto personally.

+1 with you there Clinton! When I first got my 320i e30 and was still auto, holy crap was it was gutless up hills, and always between gears and just not very nice to drive at all. The touring isn't too bad but again, being manual makes all the difference.