Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

2003 E46 M3 - Build journey

That interior is just awesome!

Where can you get the tech 2.0's?

That interior is just awesome!

Where can you get the tech 2.0's?

Thanks Adeeb - Has that packaged shown up yet?

I got mine at Repco but it's available at Supercheap Auto as far as I'm aware; just in the detailing section.

It looks like this:

Posted Image

Sparkly, holographic box :wub:

Thanks Adeeb - Has that packaged shown up yet?

I got mine at Repco but it's available at Supercheap Auto as far as I'm aware; just in the detailing section.

It looks like this:

Posted Image

Sparkly, holographic box :wub:

Package hasn't shown up yet - might arrive tomorrow or sometime early this week hopefully :).

Oh cool, there's a Repco not too far from mine so might check it out there, thanks Tristan!

Hi mate, looks absolutely stunning in that colour - great purchase! I'm keen on more info on the 330d euro shifter; i.e. where to get one!! I've installed an M5 gearknob, as I wanted to keep the light but didn't like the leather wear on the original M3 one. This doesn't change the throw length however:

Posted Image

That is one tall gear lever, i have the ZHP gear lever in the clubsport (standard) really nice to use

Posted Image

P.S just noticed your climate control buttons, never seen that layout before

Edited by beemn

Update:

Some packages arrived today.

A bit of ... experimental cosmetics :)

Posted Image

Excuse my broken desk chair :) Rocking on it and the wheel snapped off hehe

Edited by Tristan

Looks like my chair! Broken for the same reason and some color tape =D Car looks super nice mate.

Looks like my chair! Broken for the same reason and some color tape =D Car looks super nice mate.

Thanks mate :)

Hehe the electrical tape is great until you try and roll backwards and the chair don't move <_<

Another Update:

Today I had another go at the leather with Lux Soap flakes.

Basically lather up some flakes in some warm water, in another bucket I had cold water.

1 microfiber cloth for each bucket, and 2 more for drying the leather.

Soap, rinse, dry. This is my second treatment; the matt finish has REALLY come up beautifully on the leather.

It is lovely to touch, soft and "clean".

I also took the handbrake and gearshift boots off and gave them a good rub down (forgot these the first time I gave the leather a clean).

The result was superb, as expected. The interior has totally transformed. I'd HIGHLY recommend the Lux soap flakes (thanks to Central3) for his recommendation.

Edited by Tristan

Love that gray interior

X2, good work, that interior is one of the best I have seen in a E46, in fact I am in love with your car!

I will have to try these flakes next time, I normally just use clothing washing powder, I did my last E46 and the water I tipped out was discussing... used it on the wheel, stalks and other trim bits too, turned out really nice.

X2, good work, that interior is one of the best I have seen in a E46, in fact I am in love with your car!

I will have to try these flakes next time, I normally just use clothing washing powder, I did my last E46 and the water I tipped out was discussing... used it on the wheel, stalks and other trim bits too, turned out really nice.

Thanks - The water that came out afterwards was black -_-

Do one of the half and half cleans first time with the Lux - I saw night and day difference but didn't have the good camera with me :(

I also polished the exhaust tips yesterday :) They look blue now reflecting off the paintwork hehe

Edited by Tristan

i keep going through the photos to try and knit pick on something (to make myself feel better) but i cant find anything... its perfect...

i keep going through the photos to try and knit pick on something (to make myself feel better) but i cant find anything... its perfect...

Word.

Tristan, you tried applying the tech 2.0 yet?

<_<:lol: I need to do a few things though. Sort out some stone chips, a good cut/polish, and get rid of the egg-yolk front indicators. Also, could do with refurbing the wheels (for curb rash) but I'd rather put the money to a set of new ones.

Word.

Tristan, you tried applying the tech 2.0 yet?

Hey mate, na, not yet. Will prob do closer to the Auckland meet. I don't have anywhere undercover to wax it so with this weather I'm inside hehe.

Missing my old house, where I could back into the garage, have 2m on either side, central vacuuming, AND drainage so I could wash it in there (if i was careful)

Now to vacuum I need a long ass extension cord ^_^

Edited by Tristan

P.S just noticed your climate control buttons, never seen that layout before

Is your car the M3 CS that was on TradeMe? :huh:

Definitely save for a new set of wheels. And afaik these wheels can't be easily refurbed, I think they need to go to a mechanical engineer. But yea. New wheels

The result was superb, as expected. The interior has totally transformed. I'd HIGHLY recommend the Lux soap flakes (thanks to Central3) for his recommendation.

Lux flakes are the business but always give it a decent feed afterwards. I use Connolly hide food - it's amazing - but Meguiar's leather conditioner's pretty good. Otherwise the soap flakes will gradually leach the natural oils out of the leather and it will get hard and crack.

Sadly the leather in my 540 is in much worse condition than my 528... Too bad for hide food to rejuvenate but not so bad that a recolour first won't see it back to its best.

Lux flakes are the business but always give it a decent feed afterwards. I use Connolly hide food - it's amazing - but Meguiar's leather conditioner's pretty good. Otherwise the soap flakes will gradually leach the natural oils out of the leather and it will get hard and crack.

Sadly the leather in my 540 is in much worse condition than my 528... Too bad for hide food to rejuvenate but not so bad that a recolour first won't see it back to its best.

I suspected that might be the case. Thanks for the tip, Julian - I'll get some conditioner tomorrow! B)

Is your car the M3 CS that was on TradeMe? :huh:

Not me

I suspected that might be the case. Thanks for the tip, Julian - I'll get some conditioner tomorrow! B)

Other leather trick is Shaving foam with Lanolin , The lady that made my wife's motorcycle leathers told her to use it. The Lanolin is natures natural conditioner. Worked a treat on my Spyke leathers after 15,000 kms of adventure riding in South America.

Other leather trick is Shaving foam with Lanolin , The lady that made my wife's motorcycle leathers told her to use it. The Lanolin is natures natural conditioner. Worked a treat on my Spyke leathers after 15,000 kms of adventure riding in South America.

I'd actually read that you posted that somewhere else and thought to try it some time. Thanks B)

I'd actually read that you posted that somewhere else and thought to try it some time. Thanks B)

:lol: Have also been known to use oven cleaner on some of my mini trim as a last resort ....

Had a few hours spare today and with the dry weather decided to give the Tech 2.0 wax a try.

Gave it a wash with Mother's Gold, clay bar, another wash with MG, and then applied wax and buffed by hand.

Came out very lustrous!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you likes :) I'm a Tech 2.0 Meguiars convert.

Edited by Tristan