Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

2003 E46 M3 - Build journey

Lux flakes are the business but always give it a decent feed afterwards. I use Connolly hide food - it's amazing - but Meguiar's leather conditioner's pretty good. Otherwise the soap flakes will gradually leach the natural oils out of the leather and it will get hard and crack.

Sadly the leather in my 540 is in much worse condition than my 528... Too bad for hide food to rejuvenate but not so bad that a recolour first won't see it back to its best.

Heh, you're the second person that's brought up the Connolly hide food product telling of it's good results! I've decided to give it a go & just bought some, it's probably about time I give my interiors seats some TLC!

Wonder what's going on with the ambers... Hmmm

Lol me too. Will get there eventually <_<

Shiny

Daily driving wreaks havoc on shiny. Hence why I took about 100 photos haha.

Unfortunately really needs a cut and polish. Looks like it's had the old broom treatment :(

I also need to buy some bug and tar remover ...

Heh, you're the second person that's brought up the Connolly hide food product telling of it's good results! I've decided to give it a go & just bought some, it's probably about time I give my interiors seats some TLC!

Where'd you get it? Let me know how you get on :)

----

Quite keen on some BBS wheels (18"x8") on TM but think they'll be too narrow.

Guess I'll just save more and get some Apex in the sizing I want... Aggressive :)

Edited by Tristan

Those bbs are et40. U can't run that on your rear without like a 20mm spacer. And even front won't look flush.

There was a set of LENSO 19x9.5 deep dish wheels on tm a while back from a m3 owner (someone I know) that sold for around 5-600 that would have been nice. But yea anyway get the right size first time, save you the time and hassle.

Quite keen on some BBS wheels (18"x8") on TM but think they'll be too narrow.

Guess I'll just save more and get some Apex in the sizing I want... Aggressive :)

You need these to match your plate.

:wub: but the wallet doesn't :)

Some OEM CSL wheels would be lurvely.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-589679598.htm

ask this guy for a swap or offer him for his wheels! if you want i can donate my 19" m3 style wheels (same as yours) but with proper non m3 e46 offset wheels for you to trade with :D

Mate, such a kind offer! ;)

Wish I could honestly justify spending $ on wheels but I'd be in the dog house, even with a set of $500 second hands lol. After July I can buy whatever I want though, it's just I've got a "work/holiday" trip with the girlfriend to the US which I need to finish funding :)

When I'm back some Apex wheels on the cards!

Do like though...

NOT MY CAR

Posted Image

Edited by Tristan

That scrubbed up well! Not that it looked bad before... Looking forward to seeing it at the meet.

That scrubbed up well! Not that it looked bad before... Looking forward to seeing it at the meet.

Thanks

Just a note, that's not mine on the LMs 1 post above in case you were referring to that B)

Nah haha, meant the pics after you cleaned her up. Massive Meguiars fan myself, pity my paintwork is too far gone mostly though!

Nah haha, meant the pics after you cleaned her up. Massive Meguiars fan myself, pity my paintwork is too far gone mostly though!

Ah right,

Yeah mine's definitely in need of cut+polish still :mellow:

Love the car Tristan. I'd seen that on TradeMe as well, glad to see it's gone to a good owner. Hope to see it in the flesh sometime.

Ah right,

Yeah mine's definitely in need of cut+polish still :mellow:

If you want a professional cut/polish, hit up Glossmaster. Newish company. Haven't used him myself, but I have seen his work on a few cars. His work is good and through talking to him, seems like the kind of bloke who takes pride in his work. Was in last week for a quote. From memory was $150 for a full cut and polish.

Love the car Tristan. I'd seen that on TradeMe as well, glad to see it's gone to a good owner. Hope to see it in the flesh sometime.

Thanks for the kind words Mpulsive, if you're around on the weekend I'll be at the meet + cruise to Puhoi.

If you want a professional cut/polish, hit up Glossmaster. Newish company. Haven't used him myself, but I have seen his work on a few cars. His work is good and through talking to him, seems like the kind of bloke who takes pride in his work. Was in last week for a quote. From memory was $150 for a full cut and polish.

Cheers for the recommendation. Seems like a damn good price.

^^ Awesome, need the alcantara boot too!

Noticed the orange indicator, really stands out against the blue. I'd thought about it on grey, but the contrast didn't look that great imo. Much better suited to blue!

On the GK - let's chat this w/e

Where'd you get it? Let me know how you get on :)

Ebay ^_^ Ill let you know how I get on.

^^ Awesome, need the alcantara boot too!

Noticed the orange indicator, really stands out against the blue. I'd thought about it on grey, but the contrast didn't look that great imo. Much better suited to blue!

On the GK - let's chat this w/e

On the GK?

I was going to buy an alcantara boot for $55USD then found that I can get a custom colour combo one + handbrake boot for $67.50 landed in NZ! www.shiftstyle.com

He has a lot of photos with amber side repeaters.

Gingercators.

Thought you might be interested :)http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=65834. Its Sams from UK car. He used to have pretty famous E36 328is with throwing stars. Now he has updated to an E46. He has a lot of photos with amber side repeaters.

Thanks Nikita, no doubt some good reading in there!

Gingercators.

B)

It cracks me up how amber is all the rage now over white.