Sign in to follow this  
Kaz

WTB: E30 Bits (Eyelids, Dash Under Tray, Boot Carpet etc)

So I'm after a few E30 bits, I'm sure this list is gonna grow as I go along. All the bits are for a 1989 325 Tech 2 Sedan. For now I'm after:

Fog lights (both sides).

Tech 2 tow eye cover (1 front, 1 rear) for a tech 2 kit.

DIAMANTSCHWARZ METALLIC (181) paint if any has some spare lying around? I don't really want to go out and buy a litre or so when I just have a little bit to touch up!

Boot carpet and back of the rear seat covers.

Lowering springs, preferably 318 superlows as they make the front look a little lower

That cover that fits under the steering wheel. Not sure what you would call it but when the people installed my alarm, they snapped it in two places...

Also keen on buying some eyelids if anyone has any lying around? I want to see how they look on the car.

Anyone know where to get tech 2 front splitters from in NZ? Could be keen on one of these too.

Thanks

Edited by Kaz

Foglights are the same, Just need to be Facelift.. And the bumper blanking plate things you can buy them off Ebay (not sure if genuine but seen them on there),

I sourced proper ones through a forum sponsor a couple years back for my last e30 (SPEEDNZ). They were quite expensive though :wacko:

Foglights are the same, Just need to be Facelift.. And the bumper blanking plate things you can buy them off Ebay (not sure if genuine but seen them on there),

I sourced proper ones through a forum sponsor a couple years back for my last e30 (SPEEDNZ). They were quite expensive though :wacko:

At this stage I'm not too bothered if genuine or not, just want something on to cover the holes but couldn't think of what they are called to even begin to search them up haha. Are they Tech2 specific? Thanks for that.

Edited by Kaz

Just go out at night, find an e30 on the side of the road. Bring a flat head screwdriver with you, or just use your car keys, and pop off the front and rear towhook covers and put them on your car. Just find an e30 that doesnt look like its been looked after so they wont miss them.

Thanks for that, just had those exact same 2 tabs open. Might have to just grab them when pay day comes unless I can find anything more local.

Just go out at night, find an e30 on the side of the road. Bring a flat head screwdriver with you, or just use your car keys, and pop off the front and rear towhook covers and put them on your car. Just find an e30 that doesnt look like its been looked after so they wont miss them.

you'll go far on this forum!

back to OP, try dealers they should still be able to obtain them

Edited by JKSE

you'll go far on this forum!

back to OP, try dealers they should still be able to obtain them

I was joking -_-

For the fog lights, I'll also need the brakets. Or if someone only has the brakets, I've got someone who has the fog lights without them.

Also if anyone has some spare DIAMANTSCHWARZ METALLIC (181) paint lying around unused, I'm after some of that too.

I may have spare fogs and brackets, or at least one. Wil check it the morning

I may have spare fogs and brackets, or at least one. Wil check it the morning

Managed to grab some of Andrew, thanks though.

I have a tin of diamond schwartz metallic i brought for my very first e30. Mixed about 4 years ago but have never opened it. No idea if paint 'goes off' maybe John can let me know. I guess pay shipping and its yours? I dont think it will spill shipping. Its probably a liter or so at a guess.

Sometimes you have to go to the dealer for rare/wierd parts like those tech 2 bits. Dealer doesnt tend to be toooooooo bad on non-maintenece items.

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

I have a tin of diamond schwartz metallic i brought for my very first e30. Mixed about 4 years ago but have never opened it. No idea if paint 'goes off' maybe John can let me know. I guess pay shipping and its yours? I dont think it will spill shipping. Its probably a liter or so at a guess.

Sometimes you have to go to the dealer for rare/wierd parts like those tech 2 bits. Dealer doesnt tend to be toooooooo bad on non-maintenece items.

Awesome keen on the paint Andy. Should be fine, only really need it for painting those little tow eye covers. PM me your bank details and I'll put whatever the shipping cost is into your account. Thanks alot!

So those tow eye covers will cost me $62 for both through BMW dealerships, which I think works out a little cheaper then from the ebay links, plus less hassle of trying to get them in. Might just stick with that.

I've updated the original post. Im looking for some lowering springs, preferably 318i superlows. I had them in my old e30 and liked how the front sits alot better then 325i springs.

Edited by Kaz

Got a photo of the splitters your after?

Got a photo of the splitters your after?

Just looking to see if there's anything around at the moment for that. Like these photos:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/attachment...mp;d=1282921353

(Middle one on this photo)

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/attachment...mp;d=1282913578

Edited by Kaz

Ahhhh thats looks pretty good.

I just can't really find where I could get them from, unless they were shipped from overseas.

I've found these things but don't know how good they will be.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BMW-EZ-LIP-FRON...b490&_uhb=1

I've been on the lookout for a splitter like that since I got my front techII resprayed, so if you find some good ones let me know!

I also thought about those ebay ones, but I think as soon as you scrape the front even a little (i.e. every time I leave home for me) that sticky tape is going to rip right off..

There's also these ones on Ebay : Visit My Website

They have a video showing how you can scrape the ground all you like with no damage, and it looks pretty good. I was just put off by their ridiculously amateur listing and marketing attempts - just reading the ebay listing is almost enough to make your head explode!

Seems a bit overpriced as well since they're really just sending you a rubber strip and then giving you "tips" on how to install.

That cheaper one you posted could work, but it should really be mounted more securely (rivets/bolts?) like suggested in the one I've posted. Alternatively there could be something similar at the local hardware store?

Another alternative is to make a solid one yourself which I would love to do if only I had that much spare time at the moment! See Here or Here.

I've been on the lookout for a splitter like that since I got my front techII resprayed, so if you find some good ones let me know!

I also thought about those ebay ones, but I think as soon as you scrape the front even a little (i.e. every time I leave home for me) that sticky tape is going to rip right off..

There's also these ones on Ebay : Visit My Website

They have a video showing how you can scrape the ground all you like with no damage, and it looks pretty good. I was just put off by their ridiculously amateur listing and marketing attempts - just reading the ebay listing is almost enough to make your head explode!

Seems a bit overpriced as well since they're really just sending you a rubber strip and then giving you "tips" on how to install.

That cheaper one you posted could work, but it should really be mounted more securely (rivets/bolts?) like suggested in the one I've posted. Alternatively there could be something similar at the local hardware store?

Haha I saw that one too. Quite possibly the worst listing I've ever seen, their videos are even worse! Although would only cost like $60 all up to have it shipped here I think.

Edit: I searched up a bit more and found this thread: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609119

All it is is a garage door bottom seal pretty much.

Edited by Kaz

I have a couple pieces of boot carpet but Ill pm you when I return from holiday

I searched up a bit more and found this thread: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609119

All it is is a garage door bottom seal pretty much.

Ah yep that's right I've seen that thread before.

I might look in to picking up some of that garage door seal at some stage just until I get around to making a splitter/win lotto and buy of those that John posted.

Probably won't look the best but it sure beats ripping my new paint up all the time. The only thing I'm not too keen on is drilling holes into my lip for it.

Actually I might not.

We'll see!

I have a couple pieces of boot carpet but Ill pm you when I return from holiday

Alright, let me know. Mostly after the piece that goes on the back of the rear seats, but I want new boot carpet somewhere along the line anyway.

Ah yep that's right I've seen that thread before.

I might look in to picking up some of that garage door seal at some stage just until I get around to making a splitter/win lotto and buy of those that John posted.

Probably won't look the best but it sure beats ripping my new paint up all the time. The only thing I'm not too keen on is drilling holes into my lip for it.

Actually I might not.

We'll see!

Yeah I'm kinda tempted to see if theres anything around locally that could do the job, else you can get that from Amazon for like $10US. It's more that I would rather have some protection and scrape something I don't care about then damage the tech 2 front.