Sign in to follow this  
Cab

Is this guy insane?

I was just browsing trademe and came across this.. Is he insane? Look at the original window card price.. :blink:

TardMe Link

orginal price is stupid, current price still abit much IMO

getting on for 11 years old now,

Yeah, but this is a "Genuine Alpina" (one that The Diesel Guy missed off his list) with original Alpine suspension, which would make it worth much more surely..???

Yes, the Alpine suspension in these are so awesome. They make nice stereos too

Maybe it's been for sale for 7 years and he's just realised it's not worth 65K.

In 8 more years, it'll be down to mid 20's...

Maybe it's been for sale for 7 years and he's just realised it's not worth 65K.

In 8 more years, it'll be down to mid 20's...

There's quite a few on trademe like that. For example, the following link. This Mercedes has been on TradeMe for literally 4 years +, originally starting out at close to $20K. I have a good memory. Everytime I decide to have a browse through some cars it's there, year after year. Poor guy.

Mercedes

Edited by Cab

Update: I just realised the Mercedes link I posted above is from the same seller as the BMW.

This guy has to be the worst car trader ever hahaha

"optional Alpine suspension". What suspension does it have then??

"Don't buy a pain 330 buy a "M" sport"The whole ad for the car is a "pain"

To boot it's a auto with no MFS function, GPS Nav set up etc

Can think of a lot better ways to spend $45 Grand than buy that particular vehicle sorry no sale here today. :thumbsdown:

Update: I just realised the Mercedes link I posted above is from the same seller as the BMW.

This guy has to be the worst car trader ever hahaha

I met a dealer like this once, he had a car worth say 22k at the time listed for + 30k, it was a nice example in good condition in a nice colour with everything I wanted, so I offered him 25k.

His response was "no thanks, its not a fish and it wont go rotten sitting on the yard"

I went out and brought another car but kept following the car for sale on Trademe, near two years later he sold it for 18.5k just before his business disappeared.

May be the same dealer B)

That E46 on the OP has awesome wheels and tyres, would love them!

It's an import too.. Probably with no service history.

SS exhaust? Stainless steel, not Supersprint.

Surprised no one has mentioned the 280bhp claim, maybe that aftermarket SS Muffler is that good.

This has been for sale for quite some time.

He's asking E46 M3 Cab money for it, 25k more than it's actual value IMO. I think if you look at most of his listings he's not keen on selling things in a hurry, still, to his credit & after a quick glance he doesn't seem to have many Toyota's for sale.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

why do people highlight the one owner thing? i have couldn't care less how many owners any of my cars have had? never understood that.

most people think that worst drivers must mean best owners for some reason.

i.e. one old lady owner. F*** that, you think a 65 year old chinese lady will maintain it? just ride the clutch all the way to countdown twice a week.

why do people highlight the one owner thing? i have couldn't care less how many owners any of my cars have had? never understood that.

My thoughts are that buying a one owner car like this is a good idea as the first owner could afford to fork out $120,000 to buy it new so in theory has the money to have it serviced at the dealer with OEM parts, its normally the second and third owners who buy the car for one third the new price and realize new replacement parts and dealer servicing is expensive so they skimp.

That's only a theory though, on the flip side you find people who buy new and run the car into the ground thinking who cares, I am absorbing the depreciation, why save it for the next owner.

My thoughts are that buying a one owner car like this is a good idea as the first owner could afford to fork out $120,000 to buy it new so in theory has the money to have it serviced at the dealer with OEM parts, its normally the second and third owners who buy the car for one third the new price and realize new replacement parts and dealer servicing is expensive so they skimp.

That's only a theory though, on the flip side you find people who buy new and run the car into the ground thinking who cares, I am absorbing the depreciation, why save it for the next owner.

You're spot on.

Plus the fact that being the only owner of the car they have all the history.

But yes the main reason I like one owner cars is that they have enough money in the first place to buy a brand new car and maintain it.

I bought my cabriolet off its original owner who imported it to NZ with him when he moved over from the UK nearly 20 years ago. And he was getting teary eyed when handing the keys over to me so I knew it had been looked after.

Edited by Cab

Maybe if he hangings on long enough it will become a (mint)one owner classic .

Edited by rich

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-413914793.htm

10k less and you can have a fully sick 318i Rag-Top!

Does look really nice though... Pity that engine..

My E34 Touring sat at a car dealers yard (probably with rip off pricing on it) for 4 years.

Some dealers are far too arrogant to even realize what they are selling.

Edited by antil33t