Sign in to follow this  
allan

Which would you have?

Is this correct

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-597489580.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-450034183.htm

The diesel at 7.1 ltr/100 thought it would have been miles better

The petrol rated at 7.2ltr not bad but with all that tech under the bonnet or have I missed something??.

There is 20k difference in price, you could buy the diesel and fill it up well over 200 times for the price of the petrol, at upto 1000km a tan you could run it for the rest of its life!

Evenly matched price and spec wise I would always take the petrol though, with the added cost of registration and diesel millage in NZ there is no real advantage.

Yes those numbers are correct for those cars. But The 335d is the old-model, E90 with previous generation common rail, whilst the 335i is the latest and greatest petrol technology.

If you compare against the F30 330d consumption is 4.9l/100km which is the difference the new diesel technology has in economy. The new 335d is only available as xDrive, but even that still has 5.4l/100km with all the extra 4wd gubbins and extra power.

Having been lucky enough to drive both a 335i and a 330d on a road-trip I would take the diesel everything, but then I do have a bit of bias towards the diesels.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

in terms of petrol vs diesel, i would pick diesel, they are just that good now

in terms of E90 vs F30, i like the e90 better. The chassis feels stiffer and the steering has good feel.

The F30 chassis feels softer and i dislike the new electric steering in the F30

What about that 8 speed ZF auto that Chris Harris jizzes himself over every time he mentions the word?

I'd take the E90 - remapped those things are weapons IMO. You can easily squeeze 750nm and 270kw and most probably reduced fuel consumption. Not sure if those figures are achievable on the F30?

All said, the F30 is packing the latest & greatest, that engine from the E90 has been around since 2007 ish? That's a long time for BMW's lol.

If you compare against the F30 330d consumption is 4.9l/100km which is the difference the new diesel technology has in economy. The new 335d is only available as xDrive, but even that still has 5.4l/100km with all the extra 4wd gubbins and extra power.

The new 335d will do the 0-100 in 4.8seconds.

Read on a forum that the same engine in other series is re-mappable to 800+nm and 400bhp (300kw)

Edited by The Diesel Guy

F30 for me because of interior. I thought E90s have been around since 2005?

If it sounds like a tractor then it doesn't matter how fast\efficent\good looking it is - no thanks.

If it sounds like a tractor then it doesn't matter how fast\efficent\good looking it is - no thanks.

They used to, but they actually have a nice little rumble to them, especially under hard acceleration.

The M550d tipple turbo sounds brilliant...

There's no way on earth I could match that number in a 3ltr turbo...