Sign in to follow this  
albert72

REALISTIC SELLING PRICE ON E30 325i

Planning on moving to another project and selling my 1990 325i (AUTO) sedan, south african version. Leather sport seats, sunroof, cruise control, LSD.

Mileage is 167,000km. Bought it a year ago from another forum member for 4K. Spent at least another 4k on it.

I don't expect to get all my money back but any suggestions on a realistic and fair selling price. Will upload pics soon :unsure:

Replaced parts (the ones I can remember)

-front and rear pads and rotors

-diff mount

-steering rack end

-front and rear springs

-front shocks

-front and rear suspension mounts

-rocker cover gasket

-exhaust manifold gasket

-viscous fan

-left and right tail lamps

-DIN 80 battery

-refurbished 15x7 basketweaves

-new dunlop direzzas tyres

-mtech2 steering wheel

-rear view mirror with map light

-Pioneer head unit

-Dash mat

And your usual oil and filter change

Edited by Tom325

Pics, specs, whats been done, what needs to be done.

But to be honest. You will be lucky if you get $4 to $5K

Pics, specs, whats been done, what needs to be done.

But to be honest. You will be lucky if you get $4 to $5K

Geez, might as well sell it for parts

Or take out all the good stuff sell it :ph34r:

Edited by Tom325

Yeah they seem to have a maximum ceiling for prices.

In the $6K range you can get an PFL M325i and many other manual options. The Auto is a bit of a price dropper to be honest.

I got $7500 for mine in November last year. manual, lsd etc but had 250 000kms. take really good photos and hope the right buyer comes along

I got $7500 for mine in November last year. manual, lsd etc but had 250 000kms. take really good photos and hope the right buyer comes along

Thanks. Almost forgot to mentioned the lsd diff

I got $7500 for mine

Jesus... the E30 market is nuts at the moment.

Jesus... the E30 market is nuts at the moment.

There are a few E30s moved around that price in the past wee while :ph34r:

As always though, its hard to predict. If a car meets everything that the buyer is looking for in a vehicle, they are going to pay a premium

Ray is selling this manual 325i-SE on TM at the moment, if it was a different colour I would be half tempted.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=614351851

The last Auto NZ new 325i-SE I looked at last year was $2.5k and was quite mint, so I would expect an auto to go for between 2 and 4 k depending on spec, the fact yours has an LSD is an upside but being an import will devalue it for a lot of people who will be spending top dollar in such a car.

It comes down to the buyer though, the calypso red 325i-SE manual with Lether I wanted a couple of years back sold for close to 13k, was mint, NZ new one owner with less than 100k on the clock though, possibly NZ's best SE. I was left with my 10k wad in my hand and blue balls.

So in short. f**k knows what they are worth.

Hope this was of no help.

Ray is selling this manual 325i-SE on TM at the moment, if it was a different colour I would be half tempted.

The last Auto NZ new 325i-SE I looked at last year was $2.5k and was quite mint, so I would expect an auto to go for between 2 and 4 k depending on spec, the fact yours has an LSD is an upside but being an import will devalue it for a lot of people who will be spending top dollar in such a car.

It comes down to the buyer though, the calypso red 325i-SE manual with Lether I wanted a couple of years back sold for close to 13k, was mint, NZ new one owner with less than 100k on the clock though, possibly NZ's best SE. I was left with my 10k wad in my hand and blue balls.

So in short. f**k knows what they are worth.

Hope this was of no help.

Good point!

Mine sold for $7800 at the start of the year and it had a fair bit of interest at a start price of $6500. Non LSD, 232,000 km, but reasonably tidy with a recent paint job.

I've spent loads on mine too and its still not quite there yet, but I did convert it to manual.

I thought about selling it, but decided to keep it.

Converting it to manual could pay off if you can find the parts for a good price, I got everything for about $650, with a ratty PFL Getrag 260 with 300,000k, but i got a FL gearbox with 85,000ks as a spare.

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....43326&st=15 this owner wants $8500-$9000

Its Tidy as, but I suspect he'll get $5000 at the most.. but thats just my opinion, but if it was manual then maybe.

Edited by Charles32

If it is truly mint and the fact it has an lsd I would guess about $4k +/- 500. Converted to manual $5k +

It is cliche but at the end of the day it is what someone is prepared to pay. E30 prices seem to have a broad scope. I sold my mint 320i auto a couple of years ago for $3.5k, I have seen a mint 320i manual sell for $6k, while other clean 320i manuals sit on trade me for $3250 ish.

I am waiting to see if the nz new 325i se manual that sold on trademe the other day pops up on this forum. It looked fairly clean, had a buy now of $3500. I was going to look at it the next morning but it sold that night. Sold in less than 24 hours.

Edited by actletpone

If it is truly mint and the fact it has an lsd I would guess about $4k +/- 500. Converted to manual $5k +

It is cliche but at the end of the day it is what someone is prepared to pay. E30 prices seem to have a broad scope. I sold my mint 320i auto a couple of years ago for $3.5k, I have seen a mint 320i manual sell for $6k, while other clean 320i manuals sit on trade me for $3250 ish.

I am waiting to see if the nz new 325i se manual that sold on trademe the other day pops up on this forum. It looked fairly clean, had a buy now of $3500. I was going to look at it the next morning but it sold that night. Sold in less than 24 hours.

Broad scope is a good way of putting it.

Bumbed I didn't see that SE for sale you mentioned, I search 325i SE most days so it must have only been on there for a short time, what colour was it?

Not trying to hijack the thread...but i had only one enquiry on my listing and that was asking if it was a manual....

Have decided to convert it now and will see what happens. Any critique on the listing or the car is welcome. Am also considering swapping the rims over for some 15" weaves.

325i SE

Edited by etwenty1

Not trying to hijack the thread...but i had only one enquiry on my listing and that was asking if it was a manual....

Have decided to convert it now and will see what happens. Any critique on the listing or the car is welcome. Am also considering swapping the rims over for some 15" weaves.

325i SE

Not being critical, just a point: Yours doesn't seem to have all the same gear as the NZ SE's have. The NZ ones have the touring style side skirts (body colour), shadowline, body colour lower front grilles (possibly lower front lip too - not all do, but that may be due to replacement of broken ones), rear headrests.

I don't know how much is the year thing either though - the NZ ones were only 1990 on. They didn't have the window handle blank in the doors either (maybe a year thing too).

NZ ones had no headlight wipers, no mtech suspension or steering wheel - they had the "sport" wheel. Yours may have been options added at order time anyway I guess.

So maybe I should add its a UK import SE?

I could go down the track of changing some of those cosmetics but anyone checking the Vin will see its a genuine SE rather than a collection of bits.

Thanks for that view.

So maybe I should add its a UK import SE?

I could go down the track of changing some of those cosmetics but anyone checking the Vin will see its a genuine SE rather than a collection of bits.

Thanks for that view.

Nah - I'd let them work out the UK thing for themselves.

I think those are probably just market/age differences. the SE was never an official "factory" model as such - it was a bunch of options ordered locally to make the spec what they wanted really - a UK SE could be completely different from a NZ SE, and other countries didn't even HAVE SE's.

I wasn't meaning to imply yours wasn't as SE, just that there are differences.

Basically, people are going to buy or not based on what they like about each car, you just need the correct buyer to come along B)

Did you see the red 325(?) SE manual in maybe 2011, 25,000 odd on the clock?

Is that the one you're talking about?

I wasn't meaning to imply yours wasn't as SE, just that there are differences.

didn't take it that way. I gues it would help if the car looked like a NZ SE though.

Have taken delivery of manual donor today so am hoping for some warm nighttime temps.

Note that Ray's car has had both engine and transmission transplants - it started life as an auto.

Does this make it worth more than the original car with its original engine and transmission?

I think not.