Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Chris Amon Corolla

spent $20k on a 1994 what??

:rolleyes: Wait till ya see my 'Amon Edition' Landcruiser..........actually I'm thinking coupla my Cruiser's might snuggle up & we'll have an 'Amon' RAV in a few months........watch this space team...... ;)

Chris Amon did help with suspension tune all local assembled Corolla's, the relationship dates back to the early 80's, he drove the KE70 series Corolla and commented on how bad it handled, so Toyota gave him a job to help tune the AE82/EE80 series for Kiwi roads.

Toyota used his name to sell cars for years and years.

f**k knows why that guy has listed that car as a Amon.

the sticker on the back?

There was a Corona Amon as well around that time. Same deal , different springs and shocks to suit NZ conditions.

Its because of the special alloys that it doesn't have, the special suspension which would be 19 years old if it still has it still has it 😞. The top secret engine specs 😂 and of course not one but two GOLD Chris Amon stickers. I mean come on there worth 50hp and 17500k. Chris Amon stickers are like M badges but for toyota but for me the respelling of corolla is the real kicker

Edited by Mr2low

That dude is crazy! 20k... I wonder what else he has growing in the back yard!

DieselGuy - The other thing about this is the fact you found it in the first place! Why oh why were you browsing crappy Toymotos?

Loving the sarcastic question/comments on the auction :-)

And i'm sure Chris Amon specified springs that lower the ride height that much. Because every road in nz is race track smooth.

couldn't resist....

time around the Nürburgring please? and do you know how much faster this would be from an 'standard' model?

Edited by M5V8

:rolleyes: Wait till ya see my 'Amon Edition' Landcruiser..........actually I'm thinking coupla my Cruiser's might snuggle up & we'll have an 'Amon' RAV in a few months........watch this space team...... ;)

Comedy Central.

Chris Amon has been a brand ambassador for Toyota since way back, including these editions.

Not sure he ever worked in factory "hand building" these cars though as the seller suggests??

couldn't resist....

time around the Nürburgring please? and do you know how much faster this would be from an 'standard' model?

Lols - ya shoulda asked him if its still front wheel drive, or has the specially rare 'parts bin' RWD conversion...... :)

couldn't resist....

Todays unrelated fact. Amon did a 7.57 in 1968in an F1 car . A factory spec M3 CSL did 7.53.

Any guess on the hand build an Amon Carozza ?

I just got off the phone to Chris Amon and he doesn't remember tuning that particular car lol - could it be a fake? If so it's only worth 15k at best?

The guy that's selling judging by his pictures and share amount of vehicles laying around...

is one of those wankers that thinks they have valuable vehicle sh*t laying around and refuse to budge on pricing.

and basically nothing ever gets sold because of their poor, arrogant attitudes.

we had an "amon" corona ,was quite a nice car actually,the nicest front wheel dr car i have driven,tho prolly the least powerful too