Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Ads and actors that really p*ss you off.

I work pretty full on and one of my relaxations is sitting in front of my kick arse tv and with it comes the ads. For some reason the ANZ ads get my hackles up and I just want to reach through the screen and throttle that mentalist guy. I also have to admit that the missus likes to watch that csi Miami show and that main guy on there with the glasses , if I ever seen him my car for some reason would accidentally point in his direction and the accelerator pedal would become stuck.

What gets you going ??

Ads for Campbell live where he asks open ended questions to rile people up.

"do you dislike the thought of being raped by an unlubricated cactus on a night out? we do, so we decided to go and talk to a local dairy about the price of milk and try to bully immigrant workers who don't speak English"

Life is much simpler when you dont own a TV :D

i try to get away but my 540 has a tv in the dash....

:) My bad - I'm gonna stick up for Campbell Live - In my opinion its the duck's nuts over the last 18 months or so!! Before that, was fairly arrogant & more his own opinion more than letting guests etc get out what they were there to say. He's gained a LOT of respect from me, for the work that they have done in Chch in terms of batting for people there that have been reamed stupid by insurance companies & EQC since the quakes........ :)

The bank ad, (or whatever it is......!!!!!) where theres those couple of gumbooters on a laneway, & that retarded donkey humper rocks up dribbling crap........I can't stand it...........dunno why its soooo bad, but I just hate it!!

For me its a medium where I can relax and switch off, Yes I could be out and about doing something but meh after a shift doing what I do I am so mentally drained I just want to blob out.

mysky. no more ads

Yup have that , but they still have ads , yes you can record everything and skip the ads but somethings its just easier to watch when they are on.

Edited by M-Spec

Harvey Norman really does it for me. High rotation prime time adds. Last place on the list to buy stuff from.

:) My bad - I'm gonna stick up for Campbell Live - In my opinion its the duck's nuts over the last 18 months or so!! Before that, was fairly arrogant & more his own opinion more than letting guests etc get out what they were there to say. He's gained a LOT of respect from me, for the work that they have done in Chch in terms of batting for people there that have been reamed stupid by insurance companies & EQC since the quakes........ :)

The bank ad, (or whatever it is......!!!!!) where theres those couple of gumbooters on a laneway, & that retarded donkey humper rocks up dribbling crap........I can't stand it...........dunno why its soooo bad, but I just hate it!!

Same here, nice person to meet. Always polite and respectful out side of the show.

Has my respect for this

+1

Or own one and never get around to setting it up in the new house :D

But you are "succeeding on!" :lol:

I get riled up with the ads for any show which deal with the following: singing, drama about singing in a club, comedy dramas.

Honestly, with TV these days I just set what I want to watch on 'Series Link' (MySky)

Because I travel a lot with work, I've got a massive accumulation of shows to watch whenever I want "on demand".

The amount of live television I watch is negligible.

Despite avoiding the ASB ad (for the most part) on TV, it is still on a billboard directly outside my work. *sigh*

Big Save Furniture hands down have the worst ads.

I work pretty full on and one of my relaxations is sitting in front of my kick arse tv and with it comes the ads. For some reason the ANZ ads get my hackles up and I just want to reach through the screen and throttle that mentalist guy. I also have to admit that the missus likes to watch that csi Miami show and that main guy on there with the glasses , if I ever seen him my car for some reason would accidentally point in his direction and the accelerator pedal would become stuck.

What gets you going ??

Mine is the McDonalds ad with the farmer. Grinds my f**king gears

Big Save Furniture hands down have the worst ads.

Hate that bisch

That stupid nissan juke ad that use to be on youtube.

Whilst there is a nice 50" TV here, there is no TV aerial so no TV.

All the "clipping" previews and the "live sessions" on the MTV music channels. They go for Sooooo loooooonng!!!

State Insurance. Jesus Christ enough with the f**king jingles.

It's damn good marketing, that.

The Mitsubishi Mirage " let do it again" Ad

Do what again ? - drive a 1500cc front wheel drive with 13" wheels, no head room and an extra gear stick that did nothing.....

thankfully they all rusted away to nothing in the late 90's