Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Ads and actors that really p*ss you off.

Fatso. Worst f**king TV ad's ever. Lame, not funny. Nobody hires movies. Hello liquidation. f**k off.

I hire movies as do all the other people who are in my local Video store! haha

I don't watch TV though.

I don't watch TV though.

Haha ok then :(

99% of ads fail unless they involve infant feeding devices.

I watch quite a fair amount of overseas TV which don't have ads. I can't watch a movie on channel 2 or 3 because of the ads, it pisses you off.

Understand they have to pay for broadcasting somehow, but I choose to ignore it.

Hyundai adverts make me apoplectic with rage. I mean seriously 'world's most innovative car company'? What have they ever done that is innovative - copy other's car companies ideas in a new way is not innovation - grr!!

I don't watch TV though.

Same. and subscribe to Fatso :lol:

Same. and subscribe to Fatso :lol:

I did wonder who was keeping them alive.

I download all the tv shows I want to watch. Though that is not a lot these days.

I tried doing it the legal way and paying a subscription. But poor quality, slow downloads, And brilliant "streaming" saw me cancel after a month.

Ads that really do piss me off are the ones on Stuff.co.nz's website when you play a video. Compulsory and also FULL VOLUME with no volume control. Can always tell when someone is looking at Stuff at work.

Edited by driftit

Video shop is a 5min walk, I can hire all the movies I want and they are good HD quality and cheap to rent, hiring a movie and making a night out of it with a take away is still an occasion for me, maybe I am old :o

I look forward to ultra fast broadband and downloading high quality HD content that will match the blue-Ray quality we hire from the video store.. we are not far away that being reality, a few years.

Currently I am with SKY-TV just so I can watch the F1 and WRC, so I essentially pay $90 for that, would love the option of being able to download just what I want, would even pay the same $90 if I knew it was going back to the Motorsport production companies and not SKY TV.

Kinda like what this provider has done with the Soccer: http://www.premierleaguepass.com/plp/

TV needs to die and SKY needs a massive wake up call, we get shafted for nothing but re hashed crap and TV adds.

cokeandpopcorn.com

Movies at ya fingertips! ;)

Guest Simon*

Big Save Furniture hands down have the worst ads.

That's a bit rough, Lily's a hard case (and loaded!) :-D

Posted Image

It's damn good marketing, that.

You must either work for the company that produced the campaign, or for State!

Not sure about the good marketing. I'm not in the market for insurance, but purely because of the campaign, they would be the last company i'd approach. Same goes for everyone i've spoken to about the ad.

No TV here either.....

I just brought some DVD's from Amazon UK. "Call the Midwife" TV series 1, 2 and Christmas Special, Dirk Gently TV series and "Planet Earth" TV series . NZ$64.07 shipped.

Buying them at The Warehouse... just Planet Earth is NZ$75, they only have Call The Midwife series 1 (for NZ$25) and no Dirk Gently at all... :blink: