Sign in to follow this  
Cab

Rowan's E30 Vert aka The Blueprincess

Made the most of a sunny, lazy Sunday and took some snaps of my vert with some buddies.

A bit of info about the car:

It's a 1991 325i Manual Cabriolet, first imported from the UK by its original owner when he moved here in 1996. He has been the only UK and NZ owner apart from myself.

Mods I have done:

-288 Schrick Camshaft

-Schrick Valve Springs

-Heavy Duty Rocker Arms

-Coby Headers

-Custom Exhaust

-Chipped / Remapped ECU

-Black Suede Shift Boot with White Stitching

-Sparco Shift Knob

-Sparco R345 Suede Competition Wheel

-Sparco Tuning Gold Quick Release Kit

-IS Front Double Lip (cable tie styles -_-)

-UK Europlates

-M-Tech 1 Heckspoiler

-Superlow King springs with E30 Koni Shocks

I will be building up some 16x9 & 16x10 BBS RS in the next couple of weeks, will throw up some photos then.

Anyway, here's some pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Cab

looks good mate. Would like to see a picture square on to the back with the tech 1 spoiler if you have one?

In anycase looks really good! think your front M badge needs to come down two rungs in the grill so its dead in the centre, otherwise perfect B)

That's sicker than aids! Love it!!

i see in your prev thread its on "sport suspension with new shocks" what is the spring/shock combo?

Edited by etwenty1

looks good mate. Would like to see a picture square on to the back with the tech 1 spoiler if you have one?

In anycase looks really good! think your front M badge needs to come down two rungs in the grill so its dead in the centre, otherwise perfect B)

I'll have a dig around, I didnt get any of the ass yesterday and not sure if I have any floating around with the spoiler on. Can take some shots though.

Also that's very specific about the badge haha, I might just do that.

i see in your prev thread its on "sport suspension with new shocks" what is the spring/shock combo?

I got pointed in the direction of King Springs so went with them (superlows in the rear and 4cyl springs in the front). Found it was okaaay, but decided to match with e30 Koni shocks and made a hell of a difference to handling.

Also, what's everyones thoughts on black grill with slightly tinted headlights? Been contemplating it. I like black grills on white or black e30's I'm just unsure about dark blue :/ Opinions?

I like it as it is tbh. Goes well with the chrome window trim and the polished lip on the mags but why not try it using plastidip. If you don't like it then peel it off

I got pointed in the direction of King Springs so went with them (superlows in the rear and 4cyl springs in the front). Found it was okaaay, but decided to match with e30 Koni shocks and made a hell of a difference to handling.

Did the rear shocks need shortening for the superlows?

Did the rear shocks need shortening for the superlows?

Nope. Captive all round. Fronts shortened.

Edited by Cab

I'm liking the double lip, my only suggestion would be to try and get it mounted more flush on the sides, so that it looks more solid and less like it's just hanging there.

Other than that, I love it.

Oh and nice photos too!

I'm liking the double lip, my only suggestion would be to try and get it mounted more flush on the sides, so that it looks more solid and less like it's just hanging there.

Other than that, I love it.

Oh and nice photos too!

Cheers, and nice spotting. I actually need the sides to be slightly out of position otherwise my bumper goes bye bye. Everytime it scrapes a bump, rather than it take a beating and crack, it just gets pushed up slightly then drops back down. It's like my own cable tie suspension invention.

Looking very good. I can see where Andy is going with the Tech-1 wing, I am now in two minds as to whether my Tech-1 wing goes on the race car or the 'vert :unsure: ??

Looking very good. I can see where Andy is going with the Tech-1 wing, I am now in two minds as to whether my Tech-1 wing goes on the race car or the 'vert :unsure: ??

All I have to say is if you're going to put the Tech-1 on there make sure you line it up well cause its a bitch to line up on the boot! 6 holes need drilling. Was worth it though, looks way better with it imo.

A good way to line it up is to put your girlfriends nail polish on the tip of each screw on the spoiler, then line it up on the boot and drop it down so the nail polish makes a template for you to drill ;)

I'll have a dig around, I didnt get any of the ass yesterday and not sure if I have any floating around with the spoiler on. Can take some shots though.

Also that's very specific about the badge haha, I might just do that.

Thanks that would be good. I may or may not know of a vert that needs some inspiration :ph34r:

Yes Im OCD on the badge in general. You have it on there, may as well have it on there right!

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

That's amazing, both the vehicle & camera skills!! Looks just perfect really........... B) Classy, & classic, & very VERY coooooooooooooooooool!

Wow that looks wicked dude!

What are your thoughts on the coby headers? Thinking about getting some for mine. What have you got in regards to the rest of the system?

Edited by efirty

Wow that looks wicked dude!

What are your thoughts on the coby headers? Thinking about getting some for mine. What have you got in regards to the rest of the system?

Cheers.

The coby headers are pretty good considering they only cost about $450. They arent anything pretty to look at by any means but they seem to perform well enough. The rest of the system is simply a 2.25" straight pipe from headers back with resonator and custom made twin pipe muffler slapped in there.

At first I didnt even put a muffler or resonator in there and it was so sh*t, I don't recommend that. :mellow: way too loud.

Edited by Cab

What camera/lens you using?

My mate did the photos. It was shot with a 550d camera body with the 18-55mm kit lens, and the 50mm 1.8 mkll 'plastic fantastic'.