Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

E92 M3 Progress Thread

so.... another 3 weeks most likely

safe flight back and hope to see ur car on the road soon and at meets

• Like 1

Safe travels! Look after that wing!

Getting close to running again - excited for you!

• Like 1

Got the car back yesterday! Engine rebuilt and new clutch too.

Mounted the carbon performance spoiler when I got home which was a breeze using 3M Automotive 2-sided tape. Held it on firmly with painter's tape overnight and removed this morning and it's on solid. I was going to use BMW's Betalink but it's super messy and totally permanent so went with 3M in the meantime.

Got the wheels changed over this morning as well and I'm stoked with how the car is looking and feeling. Just gotta keep it under 4k rpm for 2000ks then an engine run-in service and all good to go.

Here is a teaser pic in the meantime before I take some proper ones.

14bs1m1.jpg

• Like 2

You must be over the moon! Will be good to see it out and about again.

You must be over the moon! Will be good to see it out and about again.

Totally thrilled! :) Couldn't stop smiling on the drive out of the Dealer's. Also saw the new M4 in there again, pretty cool looking car even in that Phoenix-esque colour.

• Like 1

I saw it outside the tyre shop today, black wheels look way better in person. Carbon mirrors go well with them.

Under 4k for 2k, ouch... You should just put it on blocks and let it run!

Thanks guys

I saw it outside the tyre shop today, black wheels look way better in person. Carbon mirrors go well with them.

Under 4k for 2k, ouch... You should just put it on blocks and let it run!

Haha .. Auckland - small place, huh?

Great to see Tristan. Nothing better than getting your car back after a long period of time.

Looks really good btw. Black wheels complete the look IMO makes the car look more hardcore. Also noticed it helps show off the lines of the car a little more. Something that I think was alway missing on e92s

• Like 1

I've made my feelings known about black wheels in the past but yours look good... Just not as good as they would be in silver ;)

Love the new spoiler, that with the cf roof and mirrors makes the car stand out... No further cosmetics necessary IMO. Just get those 2000kms out the way so you can go for a hoon!

Heh thanks guys. IMO the photos (as is often the case) don't do it justice and it looks much better in person. Only thing I'd want to do now is LCI tail lights (still on the wish list at this stage).

Up to 140ks now... So.. Slow.

Haha it was a thought Josh. Heading to Waikato this weekend, just not with the right car! Not to worry though, will be doing a few longer trips in it soon.

As for the exhaust, I decided against the Akrapovic with the expense of the engine looming. Maybe another time but at this stage I'm happy!

n4s3cvs5.4cl.jpg
zyazewhj.l40.jpg
cnrifif3.gju.jpg
rz1aent1.zgo.jpg
qg4qmw12.ge1.jpg
xiujnr43.ar3.jpg
4aweq4cf.23q.jpg
Edited by T.J
  • Like 4

Thought I'd revive this with some more recent photos and my plans for it at this stage.

I am planning to replace it soon, but with a few new models of cars being released soon, I am holding off in the hopes that the new models bring more trade-ins to the market, and hopefully reduce the price.

As for upcoming plans for the car:

-Coilovers or springs

-Spacers

-Front Lip or Splitters
-De-cat and Evolve tune
-LCI Tail lights

-Refurb wheels

-Headlight polish + blackout (pictured below)

EDAEDA2A-73EB-42FD-801F-4FFD96E7040F_zps

The de-cat will probably make the car far too loud with the current exhaust mod so I plan to use my spare exhaust backbox, and replace the 2 perforated pipes in the central chamber with solid pipe to release more of the V8 growl. This, combined with the decat, should be far more acceptable as opposed to the current setup.

dx1tlj.jpg

102v7gn.jpg

ossokm.jpg

Edited by V8M3
  • Like 3

After umm-ing and ahh-ing again about whether or not to sell and looking at MK7 Golf Rs and RS3s and S3s, decided again to stick with the M V8. Whilst obviously those cars aren't direct competitors to the M3, they just feel numb by comparison. Have bought some KW V3 coilovers and the KW EDC delete kit which will be going in sometime before February. 7de148789372a9aa7c834aa6b4531fcf.jpg

Also planning to buy a CAE shifter and Performance steering wheel.

d6164998ed49a2aa7781a5d0ad7a20da.jpg

cad18df91e28408f4bfb11a49c4ec5ad.jpg

I figure I spend all my time in the cabin, I may as well bling it up as much as possible. Also looking at re-doing all of the interior trims. I'd also like to get some BMW Performance buckets at some stage too Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MR BM

Just get an M4 and call it a day.

Hellll yessss. That CAE shifter is too good. :D

Took me until now to figure out who this was -.- :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up the KW V3 on Monday. Installation coming soon.

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1