Sign in to follow this  
Tidy30

WTB: E30/E34 Touring or E30 Cabriolet (found!)

Bumpity bump? A car I was waiting on getting inspected was purchased by someone else for quite a bit less than I would've paid! Angry at myself for waiting for an inspection instead of jumping at the chance, but not really.

Tidy E30 cabs for $5-$5.5k? Manual 325i's preferred!

Thanks again,

She's the one man! Snapped by before the inspection, not even a chance to counter offer :(

Bugger, that looked like a good one!

I would strongly recommend the 325i over the 320i, the 'vert is a bit heavier due to all the chassis strengthening, and needs the extra horses to pull it along, but I guess it depends on how much of a hoon or cruiser you are??

I will keep an eye out and let you know if I see any.

That would be much appreciated Jon. I've had 3 slip through my fingers already! 1 due to being snapped up asap, the other with the owner getting cold feet, and this one with the owner selling to someone else a day before the inspection, for less than I would've paid!

Edited by Tidy30

Howard,

I'd say slow and easy wins the "perfect" BMW race.

I think you know what I mean :D

Edited by The Juggernaut

Does it rhyme with Me34 Jeevan?

That's the latest path, but seeing some of these cabs has had me thinking of the original dream the last week or two. Big time.

Howard,

I'd say slow and easy wins the "perfect" BMW race.

I think you know what I mean :D

True, and when one popes up jump at it.

I have been waiting for a couple of years for the right E30 to pop up.. keeps waiting.

Yeah, looks like another has joined the ranks of watch and waiters.

Might buy something else in the meantime however, to tide me over...

Might buy something else in the meantime however, to tide me over...

Don't do that. The amount of times I have bought something else only for the right car to turn up a couple of weeks later is crazy.

Don't do that. The amount of times I have bought something else only for the right car to turn up a couple of weeks later is crazy.

I did that with the Latio, lovely car, but an E39 Motorsport turned up a month later that I could buy at the time. :sigh:

If you're in Auckland, drive through Remuera and other expensive areas. You'll often find one owner e30's etc for sale on the side of the road. Old people dont use trademe.

Thats how I found my cabriolet.

If you're in Auckland, drive through Remuera and other expensive areas. You'll often find one owner e30's etc for sale on the side of the road. Old people dont use trademe.

Thats how I found my cabriolet.

I guess I found what I'll be doing this weekend then!

Out of curiosity, with this cabrio (http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/325i/auction-627882461.htm) is there something there which justifies the relatively high asking price? We are fortunate enough to have another model in the same year to compare against (http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/325i/auction-638684645.htm) and it's a third of the price. Although it has higher k's and a torn seat, am I missing something obvious to our resident experts?

Edited by Tidy30

Out of curiosity, with this cabrio (http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/325i/auction-627882461.htm) is there something there which justifies the relatively high asking price? We are fortunate enough to have another model in the same year to compare against (http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/325i/auction-638684645.htm) and it's a third of the price. Although it has higher k's and a torn seat, am I missing something obvious to our resident experts?

Not really. He'll be asking that cause its probably in pristine condition, has low km's and is unmolested. Tbh he won't get $15k because its not the best of colours and its an auto.

The maroon one was pretty well priced.

But yeah honestly if you drive the back streets of Remuera, Mission Bay, Takapuna areas you'll find a few e30's for sale.

that blue one, he is dreaming. Mine is in as good if not better condition, and facelift which seems to be more sort after, and i paid much less.

In my opinion, the only way an E30 vert would go for that kind of money (15k) is if it was immaculate, and had an original MTechnic 2 Bodykit, manual, leather seats, fully optioned etc. Does such a car even exist? im sure they do, unlikely in New Zealand

that blue one, he is dreaming. Mine is in as good if not better condition, and facelift which seems to be more sort after, and i paid much less.

In my opinion, the only way an E30 vert would go for that kind of money (15k) is if it was immaculate, and had an original MTechnic 2 Bodykit, manual, leather seats, fully optioned etc. Does such a car even exist? im sure they do, unlikely in New Zealand

I actually called him this morning, told him I'd been looking for a while, gave the prices of 4 E30 vert's that had actually sold recently and their respective specs and conditions and gave him an offer of around $6000 for what I thought was comparable (especially since there is an identical model on the same website).

He got a bit mad and using some rather colourful language promptly told me to go away, that it was a rare collector's item, worth heaps more and my offer was an absolute joke. So I thanked him and went about crossing the listing off my watchlist.

I'm assuming he priced it so as he was a car dealer by trade, and was used to that kind of vehicle pricing. So when offered more "people's prices" found things completely incredulous. Had to double check here to make sure I wasn't missing anything!

Edited by Tidy30

Not really. He'll be asking that cause its probably in pristine condition, has low km's and is unmolested. Tbh he won't get $15k because its not the best of colours and its an auto.

The maroon one was pretty well priced.

But yeah honestly if you drive the back streets of Remuera, Mission Bay, Takapuna areas you'll find a few e30's for sale.

I remember when that car was for sale at Team BMW. A few of the salesman wanted to buy it themselves but were told they couldn't. It was in amazing condition. It didn't last long as I recall.