Sign in to follow this  
Phil-540i

Black 540i E39 'Hearse' on tardeme. :-)

Probably very realistically priced for what it is, if you're into wagons.........$3995 current bid sees it within 15% of reserve.

Not many around in general, & is NZ new too........

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/540i/auction-645227784.htm

Bit of love & some tricking would certainly see ya with something bit different.......I like it, & in general I hate wagons bigtime.....

.$3995 current bid sees it within 15% of reserve.

Well, that aint good news...

There's always a chance it'll be a complete money pit... maybe it's cheap for a reason, or maybe the V8 market is a bit limited at the moment???

At that milage, it could either be a nicely maintained, reliable wagon or in need of thousands of dollars of repairs/maintainance. I'd pick more like the latter - Mr average NZ isn't known to maintain a car that old very well, and the listing doesn't scream "enthusiast" to me - there aren't many truely well maintained E39 around, outside of places like this forum.

If someone plans to keep it for a while, it's probably worth a look/risk with the apparent reserve. They're pretty hard to get hold of, and if the auto explodes, there's a good manual conversion justification :D .

That interior must put a fair few off...

^^^^^^^^^^^ I always love an 'enthusiast' with such a positive atitude

• Like 1

There's always a chance it'll be a complete money pit... maybe it's cheap for a reason, or maybe the V8 market is a bit limited at the moment???

At that milage, it could either be a nicely maintained, reliable wagon or in need of thousands of dollars of repairs/maintainance. I'd pick more like the latter - Mr average NZ isn't known to maintain a car that old very well, and the listing doesn't scream "enthusiast" to me - there aren't many truely well maintained E39 around, outside of places like this forum.

So, as context, you're saying its basically the same as any car that's outa warranty then .......??? How much of a money-pit do ya reckon a new CRD powered vehicle is if it gets a dud load of fuel??? (Either water in diesel, or given a load of petrol instead......which is common)

Even poorly serviced, I think it's still realistically priced, & certainly rare - NZ new 540 wagons aren't exactly a dime a dozen.........

Edited by Blue-540i

this was sold not that long ago on trademe maybe 6-12mths??

^^^^^^^^^^^ I always love an 'enthusiast' with such a positive atitude

Agreed. The listing does state service history and it is NZ and clean looking.

Would think 7k would be a fair price for one o these.

235kms ion a serviced 540 is nothing...ask simon

I would be all over this if I weren't travelling soon

Who brought it? I know it wasnt my brother so someone has done the sneaky

Always makes me pi$$ blood when they do THAT ae............particulary if its something you've bid on, & really really turns me on if you're leading bid with reserve having already been met......that really gets at me then.

235kms ion a serviced 540 is nothing

Agreed... but regular oil changes and a wash have little to do with it - and that's all some owners pay for. E39's love to eat suspension and cooling systems, the V8's can suffer from a number of "common" problems and any of them could be coming up, or in need of doing already. E39's are old car now, and Kiwis do not like to maintai old cars propoerly (on average).

There are very few 540i Tourings around, and they do command a premium. With out a thorough inspecton though, the dollars required are anyones guess!