Sign in to follow this  
lord_jagganath

Low Mileage E36 M3 Convert.

always worries me when there isnt a photo of the actual car

also worrying is when they miss entire words from the very first sentance "Now here is a very car."

It's last odometer reading was 24,000km's only a month ago and now it's 39,000km?

Accoding to car jam it was first rego'd in NZ 26 August 1994 and has a 5 gear auto.

Realoem.com has it as Convert M3 assembled 06/1994 S50 manual production code BT92

plus the speed error noted by Kaz take from it what you like.

The car is the real deal and a nice example. I know the last owner (guy with the plate OK), he would be aroun 70 and into vintage cars. He always looks after his cars.

Its standard - orange indicators etc - unlike the internet pic they are using.

Interestingly the black insert moldings on the front and rear bumpers are not OEM. They're the smooth plastic like the eBay versions, not the textured BMW ones (side moldings are all OEM). They could have been replaced as a result of an accident but that wasn't obvious to me, so my other thought was that they were just looking old because of exposure to the conditions and replaced.

My understanding is that both smooth and texture versions were OEM on the E36 M models (and Mspec kits), there was a transition in late '95 to the textured ones

They could have perished due to minor parking lot dingers. my old E34 sedan went through 5-6 rear and front strips thanks to uv degradation and the motorcycle rider menace in S.E.Asia. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

if the trim is the only problem with an 18 year old car, sounds like a good one.

Looks like a nice vehicle, and the seller isn't asking silly money for it.

Do you guys think this should be driven and enjoyed? Or, should it be used sparingly to keep the mileage low?

The purple one is beautiful. About 100m from my house, I must go and look.

Both are stunners......... but can someone please explain to me the logic in building a barnstormer of a car and then tearing the roof off? Surely the loss in structural rigidity would dull what is otherwise one of the best handling cars (without delving into supercar territory) to have emerged from the 90's? Plus the extra weight ( I assume) from extra chassis bracing to compensate for the missing roof would surely compromise power to weight ratios?

Don't get me wrong, if someone threw me the keys I'd own one in less than a heartbeat, but if you're going to shell out 25k you'd be looking for the best performance for your dollar?

What was with that guy dtm400 asking the odd questions in a somewhat questionable tone, surely anyone serious would just call the guy and go see the car??

Weird.

Edit: So it's 24,xxx miles on carjam which is 39xxx km's.

Edited by leebske

Was it sold by BMW NZ new? She seems to be sporting a MPH speedo?