Sign in to follow this  
Bmwasaur

540i motorsport manual - pricecheck

Just FYI, incases it matters to you, it is a conversion to manual, not factory. Best of the pick though, MSport, v8 and manual; YUM.

Great price. One of our conversions went into this. Very tidy car.

Saw this at the supermarket the other week and noticed the HellBM sticker. Didn't even know it was manual but looked very tidy.

Sold quick..............

Do you think the guy who asked if he'd take $8K got it? :lol:

Do you think the guy who asked if he'd take $8K got it? :lol:

Gee they're retards ae - I especially love it when they add 'cash' to their plonker offer!! Like, how else ya gonna pay - trade ya ex missus & 3 lame donkeys on it or what....?? If I strike oxygen thieves on my auctions, I give them absolute utter $hit bigtime - I hate them!! They're the people mover owners of reTardMe.......

Edited by Blue-540i

Gee they're retards ae - I especially love it when they add 'cash' to their plonker offer!! Like, how else ya gonna pay - trade ya ex missus & 3 lame donkeys on it or what....?? If I strike oxygen thieves on my auctions, I give them absolute utter $hit bigtime - I hate them!! They're the people mover owners of reTardMe.......

You'd be surprised, the three times i entertained someone that didnt specify cash i ended up with a bank cheque or pissing around with them sorting finance. I specify cash to make it clear i can buy on the spot, not pissing around.

You'd be surprised, the three times i entertained someone that didnt specify cash i ended up with a bank cheque or pissing around with them sorting finance. I specify cash to make it clear i can buy on the spot, not pissing around.

Nothing wrong with a bank cheque, chances are if you are selling a car worth more than a k or two you will be going to the bank anyways so its no worse to receive.

Not the first time i have posted this here, but I have accepted cash on a few occasions for my project BMWs, once the Police came after me and tried to take the cash back because it was apparently from a burglary, turns out they had the wrong guy. another time the guy didn't put the car in his own name, and baycorp (edit: ECL or something, like baycorp though) ended up coming after me. again, i didn't have to entertain them, but both headaches i could have done without, and much easier to prove innocence when you have an electronic transaction. Cash cannot be traced and there is no definitive record of when it changed hands

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Nothing wrong with a bank cheque, chances are if you are selling a car worth more than a k or two you will be going to the bank anyways so its no worse to receive.

Not the first time i have posted this here, but I have accepted cash on a few occasions for my project BMWs, once the Police came after me and tried to take the cash back because it was apparently from a burglary, turns out they had the wrong guy. another time the guy didn't put the car in his own name, and baycorp both ended up coming after me. again, i didn't have to entertain them, but both headaches i could have done without, and much easier to prove innocence when you have an electronic transaction. Cash cannot be traced and there is no definitive record of when it changed hands

Normally bank cheque is OK, but in this case he tried to give me a personal cheque so forced him to go to the bank with me and get a bank cheque.

Ive sold 39 cars personally, all but 3 were cash, and 4-5 were trades. Never had an issue.

I do cash, or bank transfer too........................that's it, no correspondence entered into on it. Last time I took a cheque, I was living in Central Otago, & this retarded gimp from Balclutha brought a motorbike off me, yes on a personal cheque, went home with my bike, cancelled the cheque, & then 5 days later when I found out from my bank, renegotiated the price.........

I've never taken a cheque since.............& I usually take a copy of their licence / rego number of their other vehicle as well, so if theres ANY grief after the transaction, they can be hunted to the end of the earth............

Edit - And I buy / sell vehicles / bikes etc fairly regulary, with no hassles since the above. I always describe accurately, & I tend to say something is a piece of $hit, sold as is, where is, what ya see is what ya get sorta thing, rather than 'flowering it up', & I buy on the same merits - keeps it simple.......

Edited by Blue-540i

This should be in Hamilton next week if all goes to plan. Whether i keep it for any length of time is a different story, easy decision if it was an E34 haha.

• Like 1

This should be in Hamilton next week if all goes to plan. Whether i keep it for any length of time is a different story, easy decision if it was an E34 haha.

Good score..............bring on the thread on it ae once ya get it............. ;):)

Great buy! Looks awesome with those wheels on it and manual too.

OP here. Was considering hitting accept to the offer that morning, but you beat me to it it seems! Grats.

Thanks all for the input.

welcome to manual 540i party

OP here. Was considering hitting accept to the offer that morning, but you beat me to it it seems! Grats.

Thanks all for the input.

Ive never driven a E39 V8 manual so i may end up selling it shorty depending on how much i like it. I do like E39's but ive always preferred E34's and ive just collected another 535is to fix up.

welcome to manual 540i party

Cheers. I get to put 1000km on it over tomorrow and Friday so will see