Sign in to follow this  
allan

For real or not

what do you mean? it's a 540i, impossible to tell what options it has since you've disguised the rego.

• Like 1

cant tell.from my experience cars that are "proper" NZ msport cars(as opposed to M car) carry only an M badge ,no other badges

Whats the point of asking what is it while hiding the rego, could be anything.

Jap import .. not a NZ new Motorsport car which came with M badges from the factory. (unless badge delete was selected on the options list)

Jap bootlid, incorrect placement of //m badge, knock off motorsport bumper/poorly painted bumper. About all I can tell you really.

• Like 1

Followed this south out of palmy tonight is it the real thing or just a badge.

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o526/Allanson54/5401noplate-Copy_zps09e551cb.jpg

The real thing what? An M5? or an M540i?

Looks to me like a PFL E39 540i Msport Jap import. Probably some replica M5 mirrors and a TradeMe M badge.

Nothing special here.

OK, first I deleted the rego number out of courtesy to the owner. As per title is it a e39 540 with a badge attached or is it a proper M sport 540???. Some have given their thoughts on it per the limited info and my thanks. Have to admit my first thought was a stick on badge job, muffler been altered etc etc. But never judge a book by its cover

GF12585

Assembled Nov 2000

japan rego March 2001

NZ rego October 2003

Sub model M sport.

• Like 1

Exhaust shape looks similar to a Remus system. Mirrors look like the right shape

Mind you we have a 520i down this way with no body kit , standard rims and M5 badges.

If I had a dollar for every time a thread was started asking "Is it a real 'M' ", I would have... well... several hundred dollars I think. Enough to buy myself some new suspension for the E34 at least.

Anyone with a spare dollar keen to start me off?

^Yep 540i motorsport with bad badge placement and bad fitting muffler.

Whats the point in this thread?

Its nothing special, just like half the jap import "motortsport" models around with knockoff badges.

Whats the point in this thread?

Its nothing special, just like half the jap import "motortsport" models around with knockoff badges.

Depends on your definition of special.I find sports seats desire able for looks,comfort,and adjustability,msport suspension makes a 5 series a much nicer handling car than std,so it is "special"

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk