Sign in to follow this  
dubman

"The sheer number of @$$holes in BMWs is astounding"

Doesn't happen here. Not enough rich douche bags.

The limited number of Rich Douche bags in NZ seem to buy Audi's and VW's.

• Like 1

@$$holes in BMWs

:rolleyes::(:unsure:

@$$holes that posted that should write about @$$holes in Evos, Hondas and Holdens. <_< in BMW

Yep, that kind of vitriol is certainly aimed at Audi and Porsche Cayenne owners in my part of Auckland. That said, BMW ownership is on the up and I don't think the author is far from the truth when it comes to new bimmers.

There was some research published recently that showed that the richer people get the meaner and less respectful to others they get. It's not your imagination that people in new expensive cars think they're the sh*t. It's just life.

There are, obviously, exceptions to this rule. I hope I'd be one if I could afford a new bimmer.... But maybe I'd just be another a$$hole in a BMW.

I hear this from the missus all the time, but now that she drives one.......:D

I keep telling her we need more better drivers like us to kill that bad rep haha

• Like 1

The writer is no saint himself though, expecting positive comments.

You buy a car because YOU like it..,,, not to be applauded by the hoi-polloi.

• Like 2

I mostly get plaudits from politicians and drug dealers in my 540i.

I mostly get plaudits from politicians and drug dealers in my 540i.

In 1980s-1990s UK (especially London), BMWs had a poorly stereotyped reputation as being the vehicle of choice for a specific cultural group most commonly consisting of pimps, pushers and dealers. Certainly it did seem at the time the case that any 5- or 7-series in black with dark tinted windows was driven by someone looking like a cheap rapper, living on a council estate and dishing out dodgy handshakes while parked illegally. I'll leave you to work out for yourself what 'BMW' was claimed to stand for... :o

Personally I don't think BMW drivers are any worse (or any better) than drivers of other marques. The difference is that BMWs are still recognisable as being BMWs, while so many other manufacturers now produce models that are so generic as to have possibly come from anywhere. As such, when a BMW is seen to be driven poorly, people comment on it because they can add credence to their fury by declaring the manufacturer, something they can't do in the case of many models from Japan, Ford, or elsewhere.

• Like 1

:) True.......^^^^^ I think it'd be fair to say E36's have become a bit stereo-typed here too generally - still quite a few nice ones around though that haven't been 'boganised'.......

I like 'how' the guy writes, don't necessarily agree with what he's saying though.......... ;):)

. I'll leave you to work out for yourself what 'BMW' was claimed to stand for... :

Bob Marley and the wailers right?post-5102-0-55604300-1389224322.jpg

• Like 1

:) True.......^^^^^ I think it'd be fair to say E36's have become a bit stereo-typed here too generally - still quite a few nice ones around though that haven't been 'boganised'.......

I like 'how' the guy writes, don't necessarily agree with what he's saying though.......... ;):)

look at the ones in australia.

20" Chrome rims, Fart can, Lots of stickers, Lambo doors, m3 badge. ricers are moving into out cars. I have seen some in auckland too, they exist but hard to come across. reason why I wanted to move to benz. the author of the article is an @sshole too. he buys an 5 series and all of a sudden expects the who world to be his friends. Some stupid little kid makes fun of him so he gets so affected he writes an article about bmw drivers are bad, most bmw drivers are very good, maintain their cars, drive cautiously and wouldn't ever risk doing stupid menuvers on open public roads. They'll just go tracks or rural in the middle of noware like I do ;):rolleyes::lol:B)

problem is these cars have become so cheap that most yanks and poms can get the m3's for less then 5K. so the ricer honda hollywood f&f guys are moving in.

for me. bmw is the ultimate drivers machine. :)

it also stands for brings me women <_<

:P

• Like 1

Lols..............^^^^^^

Just remember, too much 'brings me women', may also likely turn into 'broke my wallet', particulary if you're paying by the 15min block up where you are..... ;)

I know if coming from a big city like Auckland or Christchurch you would think that, but to be honest theres nothing where I live really, I think there might be a few working in the city but I never used their service. :P Just a personal principle, never paid for shex and never will. ;) I think its got something to do with my ego, I just cant justify paying for it. Like I cant justify spending too much on another car. But I realized that some time ago, a few chicks actually started to ask me to lend them money! LOL! Now I dont usually buy them anything, I just play along and run my game untill they do something for me and untill I am done with them.

Its funny where a little cash can get you in such matters when you adapt the mentality of "spend no money unless absolutely needed". :rolleyes:

PS: Wana know my secret? its Brylcreem! :D

a little dab'll do ya, Use more, only if you dare, But watch out, The gals will all pursue ya :D

Edited by MoJoJoe