Sign in to follow this  
uchigatana

Tricks to stop missing/stolen trim?

Anyone have any tricks/tips to keep the trim attached to the car lol...

I have had all my wheel caps stolen like 2x now :lol:

But losing a peice of the body kit is just beyond annoying.... Anyone know where I could track down a replacement?

KOeNqRT.jpg

Edited by VinceE

Pelican parts or a similar US based supplier would be the best bet for brand new replacements, or see one of our wreckers for second hand.

If trim keeps being taken you could urethane or glue down everything that you never intend to be taking off again?

Move to a better neighbourhood? ;)

• Like 2

have new ones in stock smooth or stipple types

If trim keeps being taken you could urethane or glue down everything that you never intend to be taking off again?

that wouldnt be such a good idea for areas that have mounting bolts underneath such as the front bumper like the picture above

The other aspect to it, is if its easy to remove and steal there is usually less damage to the panel as they dont have to try and dig the part out with a screw driver :(

A new trim or badge is cheaper than panel work.

Set up a camera system .. figure out whos doing it .. and go remove parts off their car.. EG gear box, ECU ...

Set up a camera system .. figure out whos doing it .. and go remove parts off their car.. EG gear box, ECU ...

replace with a bomb....

I'm still missing a piece some sh!te stole when I was in the wairakeres. Scumbags.

that wouldnt be such a good idea for areas that have mounting bolts underneath such as the front bumper like the picture above

I meant for things like badges, wheels centers or door mouldings. Things that obviously will never need to ever come off

What part of auckland do you live in? dont park where you are parking it, if its repeated then its probably .......... (you know whos)... kids mucking around or fellow bmw owners using yours to fix their cars up. I have seen this too often and the temptation of a newly waxed bmw sitting in the street makes it a hard choice for a lot of people.I have had many things stolen in Auckland.

2. Russian Bear Attack. Tint your windows real dark, buy a bottle of water, buy a few packs of chips, couple 6 packs, some rope, bricks and sit inside the car and wait for them to show up, catch them in the act and proceed to..............................

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

* I am a nice person and everything I say on these forums are for entertainment purposes only, what works for me may not work for everyday members of society, I personally do not advocate you do such things unless in "self defense".

Edited by MoJoJoe