Sign in to follow this  
MISS BM

40-100km time in a.. Well not a Bmw.

I have adopted the spare vehicle for a while, and have to laugh at my awesome acceleration times...

You can even hear the ultimate kick down side haha

It's pretty quick ;) about 8 seconds.. And a bit (maybe add 30)

http://youtu.be/tOGH2J8NXOc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that cannot be running right?????

• Like 1

that cannot be running right?????

Probably not. Its a 2.7 diesel lol. Not sure the turbo is working either...

Its the farm car, can't say it's ahh, 'well maintained'...

• Like 1

what is it? looks like a car but a diesel??

Nissan Mistral. It's a beast, even if it fails and the general principles of a nice car..

Yea that's not right, that is dangerous slow.

• Like 1

well thats not surprising now. my neighbours have two identical ones, god knows why. Both daily driven too.

Yea that's not right, that is dangerous slow.

As the owners of this beast always tell me "it get's you from A to B with no fail"

Good old family lending me their pride and joy.. I must look so fabulous when trucks and buses over take me..

Why did I sell the V8 D:

I like A to B cars that just keep running, I have one myself. 8 Seconds is as fast as my 318i :) But I am crackig up at the video, sorry I cant get rid of the thought of how funny It would be to see a chick(you) dressed up all cool with the sunglasses B) and everything pull up next to me in that ute/truck/football mom thing with the music playing inside. :lol:

nissan-mistral-photo-1-large.jpg

• Like 1

I like A to B cars that just keep running, I have one myself. 8 Seconds is as fast as my 318i :) But I am crackig up at the video, sorry I cant get rid of the thought of how funny It would be to see a chick(you) dressed up all cool with the sunglasses B) and everything pull up next to me in that ute/truck/football mom thing with the music playing inside.  :lol: 

Posted Image

8 seconds + 30 ;)

Ohmigod, I am in hysterics.

Is it green? I have never, ever seen a white or any other colour one before.

Yeah, a blue/green sort of colour.

I have seen a few other colours around

Lols - yea, that's sloooooow!! Its a Nissan thing tho ae............. ;)

I know a guy who used to hack round in one - he hated it so much & thought it was such a girly thing as a 4WD, that he used to refer to it as a Nissan Menstral, (much like a Pulsar is a rePulsar..........) :)

Ironically, his was that common green colour too.........

Slightly biased Toyota 4WD owner this end........ ;):D:)

Edited by Blue-540i

I think I was passed by one on SH1 this evening.

Which just goes to show that with a ~6km run up, a diesel 4x4 travelling at 105km/h is faster than any other car travelling at 100.

• Like 1

I think I was passed by one on SH1 this evening.

Which just goes to show that with a ~6km run up, a diesel 4x4 travelling at 105km/h is faster than any other car travelling at 100.

Haha, we be boosting 120km on the Mway on all the downhills... It might shake like an earthquake, but it still goes!

Be a crackup if it was Amberblonde that passed ya........................ :D

If you travelling between Silverdale and Albany, it was most certainly me :D We are fantastic cruisers on the Mway, only have to move into 'slow vehicle' lanes on the uphills :ph34r:

I got passed by one on the way home up a steep hill - it was tapped out though...

and the electric assist on my bike had stopped because someone forgot to charge it up. Otherwise I'm not convinced he'd have taken me.

my bother in law has a Terrano with the same engine. I wouldn't drive it ANYWHERE I used half a tank of gas dribing it home once, because it doesn't need a throttle, it just needs a switch. When you aren't braking, it needs to be al full power. Nothing in between does anything.

Father in laws diesel turbo camry was the same - My Mrs pulled out into traffic in it, and decided to stop in the median strip, because she was scared of how slow it was.

Sorry Blue, but Toyota make sh*t diesels - even the new ones!

• Like 1

Sorry Blue, but Toyota make sh*t diesels - even the new ones!

Awww, I dunno - I'm impressed with my Cruiser ute mate - more grunt than a wild pig, specially in comparison with the Hilux diesels I grew up with (They'd make a Menstral look faaast!!).

Towed 16 ton of truck & trailer unit up the driveway the other day with the ute, after the driver got it wrong unloaded, & then discovered the DAF crosslock switch is permanently 'off'............... :rolleyes:;):)

Awww, I dunno - I'm impressed with my Cruiser ute mate - more grunt than a wild pig, specially in comparison with the Hilux diesels I grew up with (They'd make a Menstral look faaast!!).

Towed 16 ton of truck & trailer unit up the driveway the other day with the ute, after the driver got it wrong unloaded, & then discovered the DAF crosslock switch is permanently 'off'............... :rolleyes:;):)

A land cruiser is a bit different... though not cutting egde ;) seemingly anything 3.0 or less is unremarkable at best :(

That'll be why they are sourcing their future Diesel engines from BMW!

Yea, I've heard theres maybe a BMW tie-up with the diesel in the next generation Hilux that gets released next year............ ;)

• Like 1

Surely its still a Toyota engine with a bit of BMW knowledge? wouldnt have thought Toyota would want to risk anything on one of its biggest brands here, Aussy and Asia.

They're just slapping in a M57TUD230 into the new hilux. Even a generation or 3 old, it's still going to be better :P

Edited by antil33t
  • Like 1