Sign in to follow this  
qube

What should my next car be..?

Hi all.. i thought id start this topic for myself but also those that might be in a similar situation.

Ive owned about 10 bmws since i started driving and they range between these models: e30 e34 e36 e39 e46

The latest being a 2002 facelift e46 sedan 330i msport.

I now face a dilemma on what i should get next.. the logical step "up" would be a e90/92 of some sort. But all the early model e90s are not to my liking looks wise and ive driven 323i 325i and 330i in e90s and didnt like it. Also drove a 325i vert and didnt like that either.

Im kind of tossing between a tidy 330ci or m3. Otherwise going all out on a 335i e92 coupe.

Ive been driving around in a 2005 w211 e350 mb (i know right? Kill me) and whilst the performance is good and rides comfortably i cant help but miss the straight 6 of the m54b30..

Not really into e60 5 series so rule that out.

Might go for another e36 if a tidy 328i coupe comes up but i do want to try something newer.. maybe a 130i?

Keen to hear any opinions.

Cheers

Kyu

• Like 1

What's the budget?

I'd look at 135i coupe or 335i wagon. Or if you can be swayed to MB then W211 E500 or E550 are great and low 20's.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-730809693.htm $25,500

316830926.jpg

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-731253979.htm $27,900

316983272.jpg

Im fair happy with the 3.5L V6 in the e350 so dont feel the need to "upgrade" to e500 etc. Really want another bmw!!

Not sure about budget. Under 30 for sure but undecided whether to spend that much atm.

335i wagon is definitely on the cards.

Lol jooles. As tempting as that sounds i kind of feel like something smaller after driving the e class.

Good luck on your sale tho. Sharply priced. I had a look at tm and there are some terrible ones similarily priced as yours

Lol jooles. As tempting as that sounds i kind of feel like something smaller after driving the e class.

Good luck on your sale tho. Sharply priced. I had a look at tm and there are some terrible ones similarily priced as yours

Mine's a very small E39 :)

A 1 series with a auto transmission would suck ass. I hear people mention the quality of interiors isnt too great.

E39 M5? I know you said smaller, but they don't feel big.

Nooo thats too dangerous for me! Even e46 m3 is scary.. power wise and maintenance cost wise haha

Those are 225kw I thought? He's 50kw off which is quite a bit unless it's been remapped or tunes, and I don't want something that will happily run alongside another car. Can't compare it to an RS4 if there's anyone here that's driven one..

130 for small

135 coupe for something different/newer.

e46 m3 if you want it all

e39 m5 if your wanting space and it all

I think my next will be a 335 touring true msport.

Is a 1 series really that small? Looks decent.

Whats the consensus on e92 335i coupe vs e46 m3?

335 wagon would be ideal in many respects especially one with panoramic moonroof.

I've got a E91 335i Motorsport and I can't speak highly enough of it. I've had over a hundred previous cars, some considerably more powerful, some considerably more expensive, but the 335i it's quite simply the best all rounder I've had.

Edited by Driftracewake
  • Like 1

What kind of specs is it? I know they can be had for 25-30 atm but if i was to get one i would ideally get one that ticks all the boxes.

07, White Motorsport, 90k with nearly everything, rear blinds, pano roof, keyless entry and start, active steering & headlights, heated seats, I drive, nz nav maps, Bluetooth, inflatable side bolsters on the seats (I love this feature), shadow line, blackline tailights. Should be able to get something for 30k if you hunt, coupes and sedans are a lot cheaper.

I've got a Wavetrac, downpipes, cobb accessport, ams cooler, intake and catch can sitting here for when I get bored of the stock setup!

Edited by Driftracewake

^ sounds ideal! I might keep my eyes open for a tidy e46 m3 but if nothing a 335i wagon seems like the best choice. Wagons are so useful for the nz lofestyle imo

Is a 1 series really that small? Looks decent.

Short answer. No.

BMW135CoupeVsE46Coupe.jpg

Hmm its a tough one really..

I've been looking at Merc C55 AMG's, smaller then the E Class.. 4.5m long.. so basically Similar size to E90 3 Series.. but 360hp 5.5L V8

• Like 1

This super awesome e36 318i touring!

post-5102-0-23571000-1400837369.jpg