Sign in to follow this  
OneStep_TwoStep

WTB E39 MSport 530i/540i 2001+

Hey boys and girls.

After selling my 530i a few months ago I have realised that I'm a fool to have let it go and I need another. I'm sure you guys can relate. As the title says, I'm after a 2001 onwards (facelift) e39 Motor Sport 530i or 540i, in a colour other than silver. Picky much?

Many thanks in advance!

Leo

Correct..I presume you`re an E39 fan, and you`ve just unloaded one. A 530 as well.

For heavens sake Leo.....

I'm going through the "do I, don't I sell" phase at the moment. I have a very tidy 2003 530i that I purchased at 77km and it still drives and runs exceptionally well! Now done 115k and still feels incredibly tight!

I went through the same for a year until I realised what most miss. Got a very solid, high spec, highly equipped car that ticks all of the boxes that life throws at it.

Its a case of being happy with what you have sometimes and that newer isn't always better.

• Like 1

Pity... I sold this 2 days ago (a 2000 but I had bought all the facelift bits and recoded the LCM).

• Like 1

The E39 ..regarded as the best car in the world for its entire production run. Leo wants one back, and Julian has let us all down by selling 2 of them..oh well..

get a 6 speed 540i. should be enough to keep you in mischief

I'm very upset with Julian actually. I wanted that 540i real bad. He did say that it had only moved down the road so it could still be mine I suppose...

You could always buy mine....

Of all the things on your list, the only one is matches is being a facelift... it's manual though, and has factory motorsport suspension :lol:

Im currently enjoying a e39 530D motorsport. Im in love....

I keep finding myself looking at e46 330i coupes, I don't know much about them though. Thoughts? Am I safer waiting for my perfect e39? Will I get bored with the smaller car? Is there much of a difference in build quality?

If it aint a rattly V8 wagon, it aint a thing....

• Like 2

Since its probably going to be an auto, 540i all the way. 3 series with slushboxes have never felt right to me.

Get both... Can't go wrong!

E46 for cornering. E39 for on ramp races.