Sign in to follow this  
pldubs

Cops Vs Wofs

Got pulled up a few months ago, too low for cert, got given a day to fix it up, did so all sweet.

went for a wof today and failed on to low and no suspension travel ( LOL Its called coilovers wound stiff )

I havent touched my suspension since the day I got off the fine.

What the f**k is the go here?

I told the wof guy the yarn and he says " the police arent certified WOF inspectors "

So going off that the next time I get pulled over I can say " f**k off you arent a certified wof inspector "

If you have a wof that must be a good place to start.get a certificate

If you have a cert for the coilovers it will list the heights of the car for front and rear, that should be what the cops and the wof guys are checking! I believe it is the measurement from the centre of the wheel to the underside of the outer edge of the guard, but i could be wrong.

F*ck the haters! I dunno man it all blows my mind, loads of the rules are left to interpretation (grey areas) and it just depends if the police/wof guys want to be a bell end on the day I recon. I don't understand how it can fail a Wof if it's been certed though, or is it wound down a little below cert height : p ?

• Like 1

yes its between the centre of the wheel and the lowest point of the guard directly above it.

Have heard of people being stickered not because they change the suspension, but fitting fender flares etc which brings the guard down.

No system is perfect.

At the end of the day, the thing that gives you fines and stickers is more to do with the attitude of both the "victim" and the officer on the day than the car itself.

I just see such exercises as a tax for having fun and move on.

So going off that the next time I get pulled over I can say " f**k off you arent a certified wof inspector "

Probably your best bet :D:P Get it on video too

• Like 2

If your car was manufactured with fixed height suspension, and you fit anything which allows you to alter the ride height, then I think your car needs to have this modification certified.

That probably also goes for any suspension mods which aren't adjustable, but change the ride height from standard, although I can see that being far more difficult to enforce. BMW Motorsport suspension optionally fitted during manufacture to an otherwise standard 318 saloon, Mercedes Sportline... Both mean a different 'standard' ride height is possible on otherwise identical cars.

F*ck the haters! I dunno man it all blows my mind, loads of the rules are left to interpretation (grey areas) and it just depends if the police/wof guys want to be a bell end on the day I recon. I don't understand how it can fail a Wof if it's been certed though, or is it wound down a little below cert height : p ?

the rules exist to try to ensure thst cars are safe.cars with no suspension travel are not safe esp on the open road.

lowered cars are also easy to spot,like speeders.if you want to run a lowered car do it properly,and get the proper paperwork to prove it

Yo just to clarify, Its certed and is 100% within the boundaries of my cert plate +/- 15%, this guy was just being a knob and I wanted to rant.

It doesnt matter now, I just sold it as is to a local dude.

The thing is he has the proper paper work, fully certed for everything for the suspension and hight yet the wof man is failing it for it. So why is it safe to be certed but not for a wof

Edit: you bet me to it haha

Edited by euroriffic

The thing is he has the proper paper work, fully certed for everything for the suspension and hight yet the wof man is failing it for it. So why is it safe to be certed but not for a wof

I dont know,that would be frustrating

Tell the ltsa? Those WOF inspectors answer to someone and have to keep their authority to issue wofs so I'd imagine there would some sort of quality control or auditing ..

Or just let it go and never go back there and advise people not to!

• Like 1

Or just let it go and never go back there and advise people not to!

Thats the plan my man

just bribe them.

You just offer them a BJ dont ya?

• Like 1

You just offer them a BJ dont ya?

really? is that how you bribe them in the big cities? up here they all just come up to the bar on fridays to ask for handouts.

cops are people like us man, they aren't getting fat on their own. sometimes you need to help them for them to help you.

The key is to strike up a good relationship with your warrent officer. Then they know your car and problems melt away.
Mine is highly modified.. fully certed etc. And I just dont have problems nor ever get pulled over and hassled.

• Like 2

I take my race car to the guy who certified it!! So he knows the car and it's history :)

• Like 1

I'd pay money to watch what happens next!!

• Like 1

I'd pay money to watch what happens next!!

Ive been through it before, " say that again and youll be locked up "

Said it again, got taken to the station, " sorry we wasted your time Mr Manley have a great afternoon "

" one love officer "

Some wof inspectors and garages don't want to have there name on anything which may reflect badly on them which is understandable it is there livelihood that may not be the case here, if I was in this situation making sure the car is clean and tidy and dress smartly would probably go a long way to grease the wheel so to speak. Good luck with your wof problem.

Edited by 87M3@NZ

True but ignoring a cert plate which is legit is as bad as ignoring the need for a cert plate (almost)

Some wof inspectors and garages don't want to have there name on anything which may reflect badly on them which is understandable it is there livelihood that may not be the case here, if I was in this situation making sure the car is clean and tidy and dress smartly would probably go a long way to grease the wheel so to speak. Good luck with your wof problem.

car was freshly polished!!! hahah guy was just a dick. Lots of locals have laughed and said theyve had bad experiences too.

Good thing it's sold then, the vag on the other hand....

• Like 1