Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

Renovating - First timer

Kitchen part 1 .... long long day with the installer getting it all to sit right. These pics dont really show it as lots of tweaks were done to remove the gaps.

10687199_10152764238208982_8148296401893

10672329_10152764238323982_4408177411520

10698414_10152764238393982_2311104876888

10649610_10152764238538982_3604969510014

10675687_10152764238608982_1512073698539

How blue did the air get Josh ?. Trying to fit square/ straight cabinet units to out of level and not straight walls sure does need a few tweaks and is a real joy not. But worth the effort at the end of the day granite bench tops I hope chuckle.

How blue did the air get Josh ?. Trying to fit square/ straight cabinet units to out of level and not straight walls sure does need a few tweaks and is a real joy not. But worth the effort at the end of the day granite bench tops I hope chuckle.

Haha yeah was a bit like that. The floor and walls defanitely not square. However I spent a lot of time on the wall where the oven is going as there will be tiles and its dead straight on that which im really happy about.

Spent last night playing with all of the draws and cupboards .... we ended up going with Blum everything hardware wise, and its soooo much better than the partical board 60s slide system it use to have haha

It's great to see it all coming together for you just out of interest have you kept a rough tally of the hours you spent fiddling with things to get them just right. It will scare you at the time it really takes to do this sort of work properly.

Hmmm probably around 12-14 days effort all up. But in all honesty if I didnt put some hours in we just couldnt have started as the cost would of been too high.

Hmmm probably around 12-14 days effort all up. But in all honesty if I didnt put some hours in we just couldnt have started as the cost would of been too high.

thats dead right, same as your car.

and equally there are people that give it a go that just shouldnt leaving the next person with a big problem!

im guessing non-granite top as cupboards arent braced enough

Josh I know where you are coming from it is no mean feat to renovate a home and keep it to a manageable cost not only $$$but also time wise these days. Have found it needs three things time, money and attitude get the three together and all is good.

Andy

just need a few more cross braces and all will be haha. "equally there are people that give it a go that just shouldn't leaving the next person with a big problem Isn't that the truth in most things in life.

Out of interest what filler and urethane did you use... That floor looks real good! Well done mate/

Out of interest what filler and urethane did you use... That floor looks real good! Well done mate/

Yeah cheers, was a bit of a worry from before because the last one on there was really yellow ... which I didnt want for this one. Still have to have a final coat. But that will happen tomorrow night. In the mean time I have to clean all of the MDF dust thats now inside so it doesnt end up in the floor urethane.

here is what is being used.

2e4j38n.jpg

yeah nah ... lots of bad luck.

Bench guys damaged the paint

Installer damaged the paint

Paint is being redone again. Ill probably get back today and the floor will be damaged from the paint lol

Bench top guys delayed till the 13th.

Been out shopping for lights and curtains and sun blinds.... man I hate curtain shopping. Its soooo sh*t

Yeah, will be all good at the end of it. Updates will come in a couple of weeks when work starts moving again. Will start on mitreing up the skirting boards this weekend and painting them before testing out my new brad nailer :D