Sign in to follow this  
Filth

Suspended License Docs Not Yet Served

Hi Guys,

So this morning I passed my Full Drivers test - yaayy... But my great news was saddened upon learning that my license was yet to be served suspension documents.

I've been on the phone to Land Transport and they are advising I surrender my documents because their servants have not been able to meet with me in person to serve me the documents.

These documents were issued on their end on December 2012, we are 9 months down the track and still nothing. I'm wondering if I have any grounds legally to stand on here or just play ball and hand over my license for 3 months?

hand it over... don't risk getting your newly acquire full licence caught up in the mess.

What did you lose your licence for? Restricted offences? You're 23... so consider this karma's last burn before the new dawn of road rule compliance.

Hand it in now and you will have it back just in time for summer.

hand it over... don't risk getting your newly acquire full licence caught up in the mess.

What did you lose your licence for? Restricted offences? You're 23... so consider this karma's last burn before the new dawn of road rule compliance.

Hand it in now and you will have it back just in time for summer.

well said that man...don't wanna start off on the wrong foot so to speak

Totally agree... Handing it in this weekend and will be selling my BMW :-(

they took about 2-3 years to catch up with me, usually demerits fall off the system after 2 years, they are going to catch up with you sooner or later, so best to hand it in when convenient rather than wait. Who knows, the fact you handed it in "voluntarily" may help you later down the track....?

Slight tangent - did anyone keep driving after losing their license? I read the comment above "sell my BMW" and was surprised. I've lost my license 3 times back when I was a teenager / early twentys and just kept driving - minimising the time spent behind the wheel to commuting. A total of 15 months across the three suspensions.

All three times were before the cops had any real seizure rights so the worst I would have got was a ~$600 fine I could pay off and organising a tow truck or mate to get the car so obviously different circumstances compared to now.

Hand license in. Buy a dirt bike and use that to get around and don't stop for cops for the next 3 months

Edited by polley
  • Like 1

driving after losing your license is a stupid thing to do (nowadays)

a blown brake bulb for example would pull you over and once they realise your license was suspended you get a nice ol summons to the courts and most likely add another 6 months to your already 6 months or whatever disqualification period.. as well as a fine of course.

best thing to do is to apply for a work license that allows you to drive to and from work during specific hours that you (your lawyer) negotiate with the judge. cost is about $1000 give or take not including lawyer costs, which is free with a duty lawyer.

or just drive and dont speed, dont do stupid stuff like run red lights, not indicating blah blah and hope you dont get caught.

but i personally wouldnt risk it. just not worth it. take the bus, organise a lift or carpool. just serve your time and get it back then drive all you want.

Slight tangent - did anyone keep driving after losing their license? I read the comment above "sell my BMW" and was surprised. I've lost my license 3 times back when I was a teenager / early twentys and just kept driving - minimising the time spent behind the wheel to commuting. A total of 15 months across the three suspensions.

Yup, back in the days of paper licences. Used to have to post them off but I never did.

I'm in the same boat. Will make my way down to central sooner or later. A couple speeding tiks and no wof/rego when I was poorer sees 3 months.

I was dic'd a couple times in my misspent youth. Just changed ownership into a mates name and used his license.

We're both better off just handing it in and wearing it other than being stranded roadside and taxi'ing home. Lol. I did ask and was told the suspension doesn't have a time limit so apparently theres no avoiding it.

uhmmmm..... im not going to say that i did drive..... butttttt......

Didn't stop me driving but mine was only for 28 days from going 41kph over during overtaking.

Fantastic bunch of enthusiast we have here..

Haha.. I cant talk :/

• Like 1

Closest I've ever been to losing my ticket was a $280 fine & 35 demerits over 10 years ago.

It's only a 3 month stand down, man up & take it on the chin. Yeah it'll be a pain in the ass but it's not that long. Does seem to be a bit dramatic selling the car though - why not park it up and put the rego on hold for the 14 weeks it'll take to get your green card back? Perfect time to take care of all those preventative maintenance projects the M54s seem to generate :wacko:

• Like 1

Fantastic bunch of enthusiast we have here..

Haha.. I cant talk :/

get out

get out

Ever heard of a joke in plain and simple view with it covered in Sarcasm?

You have now. Ease up, no offence intended.

• Like 2