Sign in to follow this  
HSB

Drivexasperation

And surely our driving instructors in NZ must be pretty poor with all the examples in this thread.

No,because most drivers get little or no proper instruction,apart from the actual physical skills Edited by kiwi535

Seen two ridiculous accidents today on the commute, nose to tails both of them.

How can you drive into the back of someone on a clear sunny day on a perfectly dry road??

Can think of a number of things Not having the distance between you and the vehicle in front to stop safely (tail gating), txt , yacking on the cell, perving at the lambo with the blonde driving it, inadequate roading system due to congestion, bad driving habits.

Driving back from Hampton Downs today I experienced some of the most obnoxious driving. The driver was in a Mitsubishi Legnum along with about three other guys.

They were driving in the right lane not passing any one so I decided because they were going 80-90k that I would go up the middle and undertake them then I popped back into the right lane to overtake the guy that was in the middle lane up ahead.

Oh of course they didn't like this, so they went into the middle lane and then got up right along side me for a while. They then proceeded to cut me off to get in front of me just before I was to pass the guy in the middle lane slightly up ahead - they sure knew I was there! Honked my horn at them so they then brake checked me.

Any who, I got back in front of them at some stage before the Victoria Park Tunnel and every time I did some form of overtaking manoeuvre they decided they would follow suit and get right up behind me each time.

In the end they ended up cutting me and one other off before Esmonde Road, by shooting across three lanes to get off at the off-ramp.

I did get some of that on video in my car - however I thought best not to post it as the language wasn't particularly ladylike.

Not that I'm the most perfect driver but unfortunately it's common in Auckland to see stupid behaviour like this.

Rant over.

• Like 2

Leaving TK and heading north on SH1, passed through the single carriageway piece before Hampton Downs, following a white Mazda Attenza wagon. Nothing in front of it, travelling at 85-90km/h through the single carriageway section.

Got to the dual carriageway section, and the Attenza's right hand indicator came on. It accelerated to 95km/h and pulled into the right hand lane as soon as the hatching ended. Remember - nothing in front of it.

This was a deliberate and conscious decision to make this move. I'd not been pushing hard or anything - it was as if this was just what this driver always did.

I confess - I just don't understand! :blink::wacko:

I did get some of that on video in my car - however I thought best not to post it as the language wasn't particularly ladylike.

Post it! :P

Seen two ridiculous accidents today on the commute, nose to tails both of them.

How can you drive into the back of someone on a clear sunny day on a perfectly dry road??

I've actually been to a crash where, on a dead straight stretch of well lit dry road, a driver smashed into the rear of a motorway safety truck... you know, the ones lit up like that scene from Close Encounters of the Third Kind ! How the hell they failed to see that I still cant explain!

Post it... I could do with a laugh!

Post it... I could do with a laugh!

Too late! I deleted the video... I would say very shocking language... And did get a little racist too :wacko:

And did get a little racist too :wacko:

How could you tell he was French?

Edited by Red Dwarf

The ones that really get me are the "Terry too tuff" thugs that walk slow AF across the road and stare you down as you come towards them at 50 kph.

I've had a big island prick throw a milkshake at my windscreen as he stood in the middle of the road trying to be a tough guy. I know these guys aren't the brightest lot but surely they must realise that my 1500kg urban 4wd is going to always come out better off than his obese 140kg body if they were to collide. I'm such a good person for not hitting them I feel, I'm definitely going to heaven.

I've always said to myself that the next c bomb that does it, I'm just going to mow them down and get it out of my system but i hate washing my car more than once a month and it always happens just after I've washed it.

• Like 1

Every couple of weeks, admittedly I do around 1200ks driving a week so the probability of it happening is a lot higher than most.

So, had an odd moment this morning, You know those turning lanes which have a kinda median strip to designate theyre turning only? Well.. Mr too good for the road rules police man decided cutting me off from 2 lanes & over the median strip was a great way to start the morning, then he proceeded to drive at 20kph like a f**king tourist looking for a picnic spot, then without indicating, stopped in the middle of the road. It was a great moment being able to smash the horn and yell " You hopeless Efing C, dont the rules apply to you!? " his reply was a quick " move along " wave and we were done. Best part is the same bastard wanted to arrest me for riding a bmx without a helmet a few weeks ago too. I feel bad for ranting, but this drives me nuts more than anything else on the road.

Edited by pldubs
  • Like 1

I've actually been to a crash where, on a dead straight stretch of well lit dry road, a driver smashed into the rear of a motorway safety truck... you know, the ones lit up like that scene from Close Encounters of the Third Kind ! How the hell they failed to see that I still cant explain!

There are certainly some very "special" drivers out there.

Back in the UK, my mates dad managed to have a head-on with a fire engine, you know the great big red things? Even better, it was on the way to a fire so had all the lights and sirens going.

We took the piss out of him for years about that one...

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top
  • Like 1

So, had an odd moment this morning, You know those turning lanes which have a kinda median strip to designate theyre turning only? Well.. Mr too good for the road rules police man decided cutting me off from 2 lanes & over the median strip was a great way to start the morning, then he proceeded to drive at 20kph like a f**king tourist looking for a picnic spot, then without indicating, stopped in the middle of the road. It was a great moment being able to smash the horn and yell " You hopeless Efing C, dont the rules apply to you!? " his reply was a quick " move along " wave and we were done. Best part is the same bastard wanted to arrest me for riding a bmx without a helmet a few weeks ago too. I feel bad for ranting, but this drives me nuts more than anything else on the road.

Some people just need to be told!

• Like 1

I love great parking. Neither against the curb nor in the actual park.

I have seen plenty of this in that same street in Northcote I believe Dave.

Check out the parking at a hospital near you... hopefully it's not the surgeons who can't judge proximity of sizes...

At least in that pic above, they got two cars into the space available.

Check out the parking at a hospital near you... hopefully it's not the surgeons who can't judge proximity of sizes...

At least in that pic above, they got two cars into the space available.

pity about making it a one way road though

• Like 1

pity about making it a one way road though

You could get 4 to 6 motorbikes in the gap though ;)

In reality, the BMW driver probably arrived first, having no clue how to do it, so the Toyota driver thinks "Screw it! I can fit... ish!"

We know what those BMW drivers are like! :lol:

The ones that really get me are the "Terry too tuff" thugs that walk slow AF across the road and stare you down as you come towards them at 50 kph.

I've had a big island prick throw a milkshake at my windscreen as he stood in the middle of the road trying to be a tough guy. I know these guys aren't the brightest lot but surely they must realise that my 1500kg urban 4wd is going to always come out better off than his obese 140kg body if they were to collide. I'm such a good person for not hitting them I feel, I'm definitely going to heaven.

I've always said to myself that the next c bomb that does it, I'm just going to mow them down and get it out of my system but i hate washing my car more than once a month and it always happens just after I've washed it.

Zzz I hate that, I usually change down a gear and floor it. I did it in the e30 once and almost pooped myself as I accelerated a bit quicker than I (and they) expected and wasnt sure they could get out of the way quick enough.

And last time I tryed it in the Ute the dude tryed to stop me and punch my passenger in the head through the open window.

What do these people expect when they walk out directly in traffic and dwawdle across the road trying to look tough? With any luck they Will try it in front of a fully loaded Mack truck next time.

• Like 1