Sign in to follow this  
francoisv

WTB Sports Button

Anyone have a button labelled 'Sports' , perhaps out of a M3 or M5? Similar to the one pictured?

post-2466-0-34351600-1430815225.jpg

Pretty sure these are on eBay, the guy that sells all the ///M badges has a few.

• Like 1

Thanks, yea im looking on Ebay at the moment. Doesn't have to look exactly like that, but similar. Will continue to check ebay or contact one of our wreckers

Okay, so finally found the correct part number of the one I want, 61319142869. However, BMW want between $150 and $200 then shipping from Germany.

But Turner or ECS have them for $80USD plus shipping. Guess ill have to order and wait

post-2466-0-41881100-1430874126.png

• Like 1

Okay, so finally found the correct part number of the one I want, 61319142869. However, BMW want between $150 and $200 then shipping from Germany.

But Turner or ECS have them for $80USD plus shipping. Guess ill have to order and wait

That pic isn't an E39 though, right? Or is this for the E60 sport mode mod???? First pic looks like E39.

If you're fitting them elsewhere, or plastic welding things to fit them, you could maybe rewire to VW ones: shop.carstyle4u.com has some cool ones (and weird ones!) and I've heard he's done custom ones for people: http://shop.carstyle4you.com/

p31.jpg

Edited by Allanw
  • Like 3

Cheers. I'll have a look at them and see if I like what they have

Isn't the "Sport" mod on an E60 exactly the same as putting the car in tiptronic mode?

Isn't the "Sport" mod on an E60 exactly the same as putting the car in tiptronic mode?

Yip that's sport mode

• Like 1

Apparently, (on mine atleast) when you put it into manual mode, its not 100% sports. Its obviously quicker and some setting of the car change.
There is a "hidden" Full Sports mode on these that initiates when you hit the sport button. I haven't got the sport button, but I have the wiring for it attached to the rear of the control unit under the CCC - Pin8 and Pin10 on plug3. When I connected a switch button to the wiring, it fired up the "Sport" display on the dash (this doesn't light up in manual mode, it only shows DS) and I could feel the car was a lot quicker to respond and even the suspension was firmer, even in manual mode hitting the switch button makes it more responsive. BUT, its not a nice looking switch button and I love the look of the one I want.