Sign in to follow this  
M5V8

Petition - Yulin dog meat festival

off topic I know. Apologies to any easily offended.

Over 10,000 dogs are brutally killed every year in this chinese festival. i was nearly sick looking at the images.

Please read and sign the petition.

https://www.change.org/p/president-of-the-people-s-republic-of-china-stop-the-yulin-dog-meat-eating-festival

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/chinese-yulin-dog-meat-festival-activists-fight-back-in-support-of-event-which-will-see-10000-cats-and-dogs-slaughtered-10326736.html

• Like 1

Hey mate I moved this to the off topic section. Please don't send me death threats or start a blog about me.

Agree. Absolutely feral.

• Like 6

Hey mate I moved this to the off topic section. Please don't send me death threats or start a blog about me.

Agree. Absolutely feral.

Sorry I meant it to be in off topic. Thanks.

Please spread the word these petitions do work and don't cost a thing to sign other than a few seconds of your time.

It shows the powers that be that the world knows and is watching.

Edited by M5V8

Petitioning the Chinese?? LOL

Sorry dog lover here, but that's going to have zero effect whatsoever.

The only way you'll stop Chinese from eating sh*t is if there's a disease that result from it and people start dying. But then again that'll only last as long as the next wave.

Edited by M3_Power
  • Like 5

Petitioning the Chinese?? LOL

Sorry dog lover here, but that's going to have zero effect whatsoever.

The only way you'll stop Chinese from eating sh*t is if there's a disease that result from it and people start dying. But then again that'll only last as long as the next wave.

I'd rather do something than let this go on without anyone standing up and telling them it's wrong.

I have dogs. I love my dogs. Im not going to eat them.

But. An animal is an animal, and if a culture eats dog meat, and that is what they have always done, who am I to question it. Some cultures do not have cheap factory farmed meat available. Most will consume in a month what we do in one sitting.

We live in a country where most of the meat we eat is factory farmed, we just turn a blind eye to it. We also consume an unbelievable amount of meat, way more that what we need too.

I say watch this and decide if the meat you currently eat comes from animals that have been treated ethically or humanly before passing judgment on other cultures. And maybe ask if what we do is any better than other cultures.

I am not a vegan/vegetarian either, I am conscious of what I eat though.

• Like 7

Would you have a problem with it if they were brought up and slaughtered humanely for their meat?

I have dogs. I love my dogs. Im not going to eat them.

But. An animal is an animal, and if a culture eats dog meat, and that is what they have always done, who am I to question it. Some cultures do not have cheap factory farmed meat available. Most will consume in a month what we do in one sitting.

We live in a country where most of the meat we eat is factory farmed, we just turn a blind eye to it. We also consume an unbelievable amount of meat, way more that what we need too.

I say watch this and decide if the meat you currently eat comes from animals that have been treated ethically or humanly before passing judgment on other cultures. And maybe ask if what we do is any better than other cultures.

I am not a vegan/vegetarian either, I am conscious of what I eat though.

I hold a similar view.

I have no problem with people eating dog, or any other animal. But for f**ks sake, treat the damn animal responsibly and humanely. It's not hard.

My partner and I eat very little meat ( our 1-year old daughter has it most nights however ) for various reasons, but what meat we do eat, always comes from producers who farm responsibly and ethically.

• Like 1

Would you have a problem with it if they were brought up and slaughtered humanely for their meat?

As a pet. Yes.

But they are not pets, they are meat, no different than a cow or a pig. I have seen dog farms in Asia first hand BTW.

I just think its a bit hypocritical to pass judgment as a meat eater. I also think its very easy to sit back in New Zealand and comment without understanding, seeing or experiencing how other cultures work.

Drive though most parts of South East Asia and see how many farms you see.. they don't have an abundance of meat walking around.

• Like 1

As a pet. Yes.

But they are not pets, they are meat, no different than a cow or a pig. I have seen dog farms in Asia first hand BTW.

I just think its a bit hypocritical to pass judgment as a meat eater. I also think its very easy to sit back in New Zealand and comment without understanding, seeing or experiencing how other cultures work.

Drive though most parts of South East Asia and see how many farms you see.. they don't have an abundance of meat walking around. 

Sorry, post wasn't directed at you, more the OP.

I agree.

I don't see or hear Indians complaining about us eating cows.

Ha, and many Hindu people still eat beef anyway..

Its the muslims we could perhaps learn a thing or two about when it comes to meat and how it is consumed and appreciated.

• Like 1

Well I'm glad i've sparked a debate.

The point here is humane treatment of animals.

We don't boil up sheep alive. Hell I don't even do that to crayfish.

Animals that we have domesticated to be reliant on us are different and should be treated as so. All animals deserve to be treated with respect no matter if they were bred with your dinner plate in mind or as a companion.

How it's reported they are treating these animals I wouldn't wish on any living thing. And it needs to stop.

• Like 3

Well I'm glad i've sparked a debate.

The point here is humane treatment of animals.

We don't boil up sheep alive. Hell I don't even do that to crayfish.

Animals that we have domesticated to be reliant on us are different and should be treated as so. All animals deserve to be treated with respect no matter if they were bred with your dinner plate in mind or as a companion.

How it's reported they are treating these animals I wouldn't wish on any living thing. And it needs to stop.

Exactly right. Killing of animals in a HUMANE fashion.

It may just be media BS but I read that they also nick peoples dogs (pets) for this festival?

• Like 1

I read that also. It wouldn't surprise me as they kill 10,000 during the festival.

They come over my place and kick my dog.

• Like 4

They come over my place and kick my dog.

we don't condone that type of behviour

• Like 1

Unfortunately looks to be truth to the reports of pets being stolen.

post-5771-0-87345300-1434597442.jpg

It's all well and good to complain about something thats going on in another country on the other side of the world.

Yet generaly the people who are signing these petitions or starting them are still buying good ole Farmer Brown eggs because they're $3 cheaper than Free Range or buying that yummy Pork thats on special without a thought to how these are farmed in our own back yards.

As to the capturing of pets. How do you know a dog is a pet when it has no collar and is left to wander around the village at free will and basically has to fend for itself. What defines a animal thats left to free range as a pet?

Sorry, but these kind of petitions serve no purpose except to make the people who sign it feel good about themselves for a moment. The Chinese Government has absolutely no regard for what you or I think and they're most certainly not going to take any notice of a petitions signed by a bunch of foreigners. Why would they? They have no regard for what their own citizens think!

If you want my signature start a petition to completely stop Battery Farming Chickens or one to stop the factory farming of Pigs in New Zealand. Lets clean up our own backyard before we start pissing in someone elses.

• Like 7

Agree with looking at our own backyard first. Easy to start making a difference.

Buy all free range stuff. Will hurt your pocket but it is one less customer for the factory farmers.

China is a waste of time. You would first have to find someone there who gives a sh*t more than putting money in their pocket.

• Like 1

I buy only free range where possible and agree New Zealand needs to do more in this space.

Consumer demand is the best way to make these changes.

Edited by M5V8

Confucius say man who piss into wind get yellow knees

Confucius say, Man who walk into airport door with erection going to Bangkok.

• Like 1

China is a waste of time.

How's that Apple/Samsung/Sony/etc phone working out for you?