Sign in to follow this  
B.M.W Ltd

Criminal ?

I didn't purchase no car or sell an E46 - last I checked I was looking at M3s... (going by the fact my name popped up) And everyone here knows where I get all my work done so why would I bother tracking to South Auckland for a pre-purchase?

Pretty scary stuff.. At least they did a PPI

Sorry if I offended you - it wasn't intentional.

Sorry if I offended you - it wasn't intentional.

Lol you didn't. I just found it amusing I was the assumption

Lol you didn't. I just found it amusing I was the assumption �

My thinking was that you are;

Female

Have a young child

In the market for an e46 m3

Fastidious with maintenance and always get pre purchase inspections

Have had maintenance done by Glenn in the past

An active forum member on Bimmersport

But I made an assumption/guess and I was wrong (you know what they say about assumptions).

I think I should stick to my day job and not bother pursuing a career as a detective :)

Anyways, glad the story had a happy ending with Glenn finding the fault before anyone got hurt.

Just shows the value of Glenns 'do it properly' mentality.

I know some people on here might sometimes think he is pedantic, but this just demonstrates why he needs to be - he quite possibly saved a life.

The buyer paying for the PPI dodged a bullet.... you should see the rest of the list.... and someone on here could end up buying it

• Like 1

I remember getting my e39 528i ppi'd @ glenns. Impressed to see the right rear speaker listed as not working. That's pretty thorough!

• Like 4

Just shows the value of Glenns 'do it properly' mentality.

I know some people on here might sometimes think he is pedantic, but this just demonstrates why he needs to be - he quite possibly saved a life.

That's exactly what you want in a BMW mechanic though isn't it? :)

Especially when getting a PPI.

• Like 3

I remember getting my e39 528i ppi'd @ glenns. Impressed to see the right rear speaker listed as not working. That's pretty thorough!

I'm sorry... I did miss something off the list... the used condom in the rear ashtray :P Who removed it ??

• Like 2

I'm sorry... I did miss something off the list... the used condom in the rear ashtray :P Who removed it ??

not the woman with the kid I'm guessing

• Like 2

Just greatful you didn't find the bag of coke.

• Like 1

Things like that are the reason I think the longer period between warrants is a bad idea.

I would bet a penny to a pound that most of the warrant places that I have had the displeasure of dealing with would not have seen that, they only look for bits to fail the vehicle on so they can make money, e.g. tie rods, ball joints, play in rack etc etc etc etc. Also, double that bet the AA would have missed it too.. :wacko:

Unfortunately, competent mechanics/workshops are very much an (almost) extinct breed, profit/turnover is the modern name of the game...

• Like 4

not the woman with the kid I'm guessing

dying.
  • Like 1