Sign in to follow this  
shiman

E30 import either an M3 / 327is / 325is / 318is or Mtech

Should of just bought mine at that price

I think you paid way to much for this IMO, Considering it's not a non Msport and automatic. You can get well optioned SA built e30's in RHD e30's with motorsport kits for half the price.

Show me....

A one owner in better condition than all in the last year on TradeMe, btw I had a chat to Ross from BM Workshop he had some interesting things to say about the supposed Mtech model, it's all cosmetic and when I finish of with this, it maybe one of the best. Converting from auto to manual is pretty cheap. The hassle is original E30 M3 seats in leather with the stripes which will set me back $5,500. Not sure about that. Then the BBS LM 198 special for the E30 another $5000 with tyres and not sure when to put in the E46 M3 engine. May leave that for a few years as this engine is mint. Besides want to try and keep it E30 original with some custom E30 M3 tweeks. O yeah the steering will set me back another $1200.

I am looking to setup one as good as my mates 327 we messed around in S.A. almost 20 years ago. Once I build it and play with it then may move on to the M Coupe or M3 E30....

All I can say it's fun, fun, fun and money is nothing if you are getting max. pleasure...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a look here:

http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/45833-andys-calypsot-e30-convertible/

Re Andy's price I think this is a case of anythings for sale at the right price. As the above thread will show you the work Andy has put into his car

Why not buy a 'base' 325i (which based on your description is what Andy's is) for less than $10k and build yourself a 327i or do a 24v swap and get yourself a really sorted e30 for $20k. $20k well spent will pay for an e30 and a lot of upgrades, maintenence and most other things you can think of (genuine 3pc BBS, respray, engine swaps/work, suspension, etc)

Btw..... I took your advice and got a base Mtech from Japan. Sunroof perfect. Not a dent... A little paint fade, original.... no tweeks, 1 lady owner who opted out of the Sports seats for the comfort line because of age. Full service history with BM, Japan sunroof perfect, no dash split, etc. etc.

Btw..... I took your advice and got a base Mtech from Japan. Sunroof perfect. Not a dent... A little paint fade, original.... no tweeks, 1 lady owner who opted out of the Sports seats for the comfort line because of age. Full service history with BM, Japan sunroof perfect, no dash split, etc. etc.

Lol, I guess you did to an extent :P

Let's see how this plays out...

• Like 1

As long as the OP is happy with his purchase, who cares?

• Like 1

"A little paint fade, original"

Err, its been repainted. The factory colour is black.

Seems odd that a one lady owner decides that she wants a colour change.

Also, Mtechs arent just cosmetic, there is the LSD and the suspension.

• Like 1

Show me....

A one owner in better condition than all in the last year on TradeMe, btw I had a chat to Ross from BM Workshop he had some interesting things to say about the supposed Mtech model, it's all cosmetic and when I finish of with this, it maybe one of the best. Converting from auto to manual is pretty cheap. The hassle is original E30 M3 seats in leather with the stripes which will set me back $5,500. Not sure about that. Then the BBS LM 198 special for the E30 another $5000 with tyres and not sure when to put in the E46 M3 engine. May leave that for a few years as this engine is mint. Besides want to try and keep it E30 original with some custom E30 M3 tweeks. O yeah the steering will set me back another $1200.

I am looking to setup one as good as my mates 327 we messed around in S.A. almost 20 years ago. Once I build it and play with it then may move on to the M Coupe or M3 E30....

All I can say it's fun, fun, fun and money is nothing if you are getting max. pleasure...

Well you clearly know what you are doing, so I will leave you to it.

Edited by e30ftw
  • Like 4

Time for a thread close, the owner has obviously done their homework and is happy with his purchase as a result. Start a project thread if you're keen to show and track the progress of change.

• Like 9