Sign in to follow this  
Deezal

Straight into the big leagues - E60 M5

Hi, picked up this beast from Auckland last Thursday. 22 hours later we had it back in Invercargill without a single glitch to speak of. 117,000 km's and standard except from an Eisenmann exhaust and a retune. It's light years ahead of my previous cars in terms of feel and quality of finish.

Need to get some decent photo's of it, hopefully this weekend is alright.

DynoTorque%20PowerChart_FSG43_BMW_M5_V10

M5%201_zpsvh2echxg.jpg

20150821_083803_zps0kd6vkqp.jpg

20150821_083819_zpsrrwwqqlp.jpg

• Like 5

Welcome to the forum.

Looks a bit overcast in the pics but I bet that paint looks amazing in the sun.

Very nice car you have there.

Is this your first Bimmer?

Cheers, yes it does look awesome in the right light. I didn't want to settle for a black or silver one like all the others. In the photo's next to the lake it has 1500 km's of road grime on it.

First Bimmer, previously had a prelude, R33 GTST and just sold my 350Z.

Enquiring about some wheels for it, getting anything that fits nicely is a pain as the offsets are all way too weak.

Edited by Deezal

BEAST. bet you made friends with a few petroleum dispensing technicians on the way down.

Very nice colour as well.

• Like 1

The guy who owned this worked next to my old building. Came hauling ass down the road every morning which was a great way to start the work day. Very tidy car, enjoy.

Monster car.

Come on tell us, how much did you pay...... for the fuel on the trip down? (l/100km?)

Edited by Nick G
  • Like 1

Did you listen to the stereo at all or just leave the window open for the exhaust note?

Monster car.

Come on tell us, how much did you pay...... for the fuel on the trip down? (l/100km?)

+1 yes please

just interested

Agree with everybody about the colour, it's great.

Get a fuel card! :)

+1 yes please

just interested

+1, a quick look on fuelly.com says any less than 15 /100km would be great, mine is sitting about 18, but keen to see what a long drive does for it!

Averaged 11L/100 to Wellington and 11.4L/100 to Invercargill so I was suitably impressed after reading all the negative comments on its mileage. Roughly $1000 all up to get it home incl flights and the ferry crossing.

Yes the radio was used, unfortunately has a bit of a drone to it around 2500rpm.

sh*t that's good, my 550i got exactly 10l/100 on a 3600 round trip. I'm impressed with11.4 for the V10 !!!

• Like 1

Averaged 11L/100 to Wellington and 11.4L/100 to Invercargill so I was suitably impressed after reading all the negative comments on its mileage. Roughly $1000 all up to get it home incl flights and the ferry crossing.

Nice.

nice car alright,you have jumped in the deep end ,well done! !!.4 is good,my 1990 535 would not habe been any better!.Round town might be different!

Thanks gents. So far around town I'm looking at 16-17L mixed driving and with the usual heavy foot for the first week, I consider that to be all right. You won't get any better from a cammed clubsport.

The SMG takes some getting used to but I'm seriously enjoying it, using it in manual mode on the fastest shift setting and it's no worse than a 90's auto in terms of smoothness.

• Like 1

Hey guys, so after a couple of weeks and a few stupid glitches all is well. Averaging 15-16L/100 with mixed driving. Well and truly worth every cent, I've found the Idrive is far more user friendly than what I've read from other people's experiences.

The acceleration as I'm sure you can appreciate is surreal in 3rd, 4th and 5th. 1st and 2nd gear are a lost cause.

• Like 2

Ah you know you have now spoilt almost everything else now

It'll be an addiction haha

• Like 2

Yeah, when I bought my Z everybody asked me what I'd buy next. Now they're convinced I can't go better again, I think either an M6 grand coupe or RS6 wagon would do just nicely.

I was considering an RS4 avant instead but so far I'm definitely happy with my decision on the bimmer. The 4.2L V8 wouldn't even come close, I just wish the M5 had those nice recaro's.

• Like 1

This might be a BMW forum, but i think it would almost unanimous..

. RS4 wagon > M6

• Like 4

Yeah... hard to walk past an RS4. But seriously challenging maintenance, engine out for almost everything.

• Like 1

Yeah I don't like the look of those audi photo's when they have all the radiator support removed to pull the motor out.

Got some work Gnosis CV201's coming from japan for it 20x9.5 +5 and 20x11 +28. They should be here in November all going well.

On a side note does anybody know of someone with a Hamann style Carbon fibre front lip?