Sign in to follow this  
LemonHunter

Cheap Low Milage 1991 850i I reckon

This has been for sale before. It has been adapted for disabled drivers (notice the big control next to the steering wheel).

If I had $12K I'd buy it!

• Like 2

^ Hard to know. The used 1990s car market is all over the place these days.

It's a niche market for old BMWs, let alone 5L V12 ones. :P

But she looks awesome and is under the magic 100000k's so should even appeal to the masses.

• Like 1

I feel like there should be a pinned post somewhere, top 10 BMW you want to buy but shouldn't.

• Like 2

i wonder how much work there is to remove all the disabled driving gear. Would love to own an 850i but yeah, much like above, i probably shouldnt.

Edited by KwS

Why didn't any of you buy James' for $7.5k??? Low kms are pretty meaningless on an almost 25 year old car. The m70's pretty bulletproof and the stuff that adds up on the 8er are all the electrical and plastic/rubber bits (bushings, plugs, just about everything) that are unique to the 8 or worse, NLA. And those will have begun to perish regardless of kms.

Love 8s but there's no such thing as a cheap one!

Edited by jeffbebe
  • Like 1

i watched the listing for ages but just couldnt bring myself to take the risk. was bloody cheap as chips and in a great color too.

Why didn't any of you buy James' for $7.5k??? Low kms are pretty meaningless on an almost 25 year old car. The m70's pretty bulletproof and the stuff that adds up on the 8er are all the electrical and plastic/rubber bits (bushings, plugs, just about everything) that are unique to the 8 or worse, NLA. And those will have begun to perish regardless of kms. Love 8s but there's no such thing as a cheap one!

Not enough pedals :-)

But she looks awesome and is under the magic 100000k's so should even appeal to the masses.

the masses?The masses shy away from exotic old bmw like the plague!

• Like 1

Pretty sure this vehicle was previously owned by a car collector from Hamilton. If it is the same car, it is a very tidy example of a M70 powered E31. I am biased but think they are nice in red.

Me too. If I had the cash I'd buy it in a heartbeat and swap the best bits from mine... Then use the leftovers to build something outrageous:

k-DSC_0199.jpg

k-DSC_0184.jpg

k-DSC_0187.jpg

bmw_e31_8_series_pic_racer.jpg

• Like 6