Sign in to follow this  
qube

A familiar e39 540i

Damn that's one hot looking E39... seriously though, "selling as needing a family car."??? What you going to do, buy an Odyssey?

Haha, unfortunately the family is growing and i dont let the dog in BMW.

Odyssey is a good idea, but think i'll need a 4x4.

My old car... And my photos from 18 months ago! It doesn't look like that now. I saw it a few months ago and both splitters were munched and LHS front bumper was cracked and wheels were a rash of curbing.

And he's asking more than he paid for it!!

EDIT: In fact, most of the text is from my original ad more than 18 months ago! This last time I saw it in March:

335914ecab7603319db521f7fa39d3d5.jpg

http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/23397-spotted-the-official-thread/?p=565031

Edited by jeffbebe
  • Like 1

Damn that's one hot looking E39... seriously though, "selling as needing a family car."??? What you going to do, buy an Odyssey?

maybe to buy this one

• Like 1

My old car... And my photos from 18 months ago! It doesn't look like that now. I saw it a few months ago and both splitters were munched and LHS front bumper was cracked and wheels were a rash of curbing.

EDIT: In fact, most of the text is from my original ad more than 18 months ago! This last time I saw it in March:

I sure hope its been tidied back up to the condition of the photos in the listing then.... Was thinking just how beautiful it looks in the photos.

Are these your original photos Julian?

Its on my watchlist...

Are these your original photos Julian?

Its on my watchlist...

Yep, they're 18 months+ old. Last time I saw it was at the end of March. It had lost its good looks (see photo above) but it's possible he's repaired it, though new CF splitters will be hard to come by. He's put some 15K kms on it since I owned it as well so not sure where he dreamed up the price? I sold it for $11.5K, I think.

How low is it Jools?

On Msport II suspension so perfect ride height but not super low.

Edited by jeffbebe

i already knew that the photos were julians old pictures from his sale. I too have seen it a few months back and it was no where near in the condition as it once was

re-using old pictures and description doesnt give a good impression to me (but in all fairness no one else would know except us)

• Like 1

335914ecab7603319db521f7fa39d3d5.jpg

Yea same photos, taking new ones this week as needed to get it up and listed.

Had to replace the front as it got whacked by a log which fell off a truck.

Got the same front from the US, but yes unfortunately the splitters got damaged.

fresh cut and polish and wheels re-skimmed, it's looking good now.

you built a great car and i'd love to hold on to it.

• Like 1

Optimistically priced for a 15 year old car with 200,000km. The RSIIs certainly make an impact on price but gut feeling tells me this is more like a 7k car max in todays market. Julian, is the engine Vanos or pre TU?

Vanos... Which I had overhauled thanks to HellBM but didn't (though should have) done guide rails.

Edited by jeffbebe
  • Like 2

They'll no doubt be due / overdue by now then. Pity that sort of info isn't on the trademe listing!