Sign in to follow this  
WYZEUP

looks like its back for sale again

My pedantic streak immediately went "but there is no such thing as S52 ITBs". Looks like a really cool build though , I hadn't seen it before. At the price though, I feel like you could make your own...

• Like 2

Looks like a really cool build though , I hadn't seen it before. At the price though, I feel like you could make your own..

IMO, depends who and what quality of work was put into the build. From the pics, it looks good but... I have looked at doing a similar build, s52 into an e30 shell, was quoted 25k for a proper job.

And why air bags?

Awesome looking thing - air bags aren't my thing though... Still that engine looks sweet!

You wouldn't build it for that price.

Defnitely wouldnt build it for that price - especially to this level of quality, even though its now dearer than what it has previously sold for.

I watched this build, it is immaculate with no expense spared! I even did the photos for the performance car article

How many kw @ the wheels is it?

It was tuned to 240hp at rear wheels a few years ago - I'm unsure if it has been touched since then.

And why air bags?

Why not? It looks awesome low and handles pretty dam good when set to the right height (spring rate)

It would be an easy conversion to throw some coilovers in it and hit the track if thats what the owner required. Im sure the bag setup wouldnt be hard to sell.

Edited by SIR E30

I purchased the engine management system this car used to run, and it was 210hp then, so 240hp now with the link and ITBs sounds about right, however pretty sure thats at the crank not the wheels, 240 at the wheels is well over 300 at the crank, nope not this engine.

Having said that, seen this car many times over the years, built by Kerry at Mosens, owned by Jono for a few years now. Awesome car.

I240hp now with the link and ITBs sounds about right, however pretty sure thats at the crank not the wheels, 240 at the wheels is well over 300 at the crank, nope not this engine.

Ring Kerry and ask him..

ls, 240 at the wheels is well over 300 at the crank, nope not this engine.

240 at the wheels would be around 280-290ish at crank i would say, definately not well over 300

100hp / L is about right for a pretty hot engine.