Sign in to follow this  
Emil

very tidy 728i

money my friend, money.

Well, except that :(

The W222 is a thing of beauty, especially in AMG form. All the other just look really dated.

Its a shame there really was no M Performance model of the E38, something with a bit more grunt. The MSport ones had the interior and suspension a bit better, but still had the same engine as everything else.

Like I said earlier. A car has to look good as well as perform.

I'm sure the W222 performs well but god damn thats ugly.

Every time I walk out to the work car park and see the E38 I marvel at its lines. That merc would make me cringe..lol

I saw a W222 S600 going down the road yesterday.

Classy and elegant is what comes to mind.

Unbelievable engine performance too for a non AMG, V12 biturbo

523 hp @4900–5300,

830 N·m @1900–4000

It needs it though, 2,300kg to haul around.

Still great figures though,

227hp / Tonne

360nm / Tonne

That's shifting for a big barge

• Like 1

Ive always found the W222 looks far better in person than in photos, theyre quite imposing cars and the AMG kitted ones manage to both look classy and aggressive at the same time.

BMW has always made better looking cars than Merc IMO, they always just look more solid and staunch.

mercedes-benz-w140-pictures-photo-UGZy.j

bmw_750il-security-e38-1998-2001_r4.jpg

I know which i would take home. Gets a bit messy with the W220 and E65/66 because the 7 was just so unloved, but i think i still prefer the looks (and interior) of the BMW better.

• Like 2

in saying that too, the F01/02 vs W222 would have to go to the Merc, the BMW looks kinda bland in normal spec.

BMW_7er_(F02)_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht,_16

S_W222_1.jpg

• Like 1

Ive always found the W222 looks far better in person than in photos, theyre quite imposing cars and the AMG kitted ones manage to both look classy and aggressive at the same time.

BMW has always made better looking cars than Merc IMO, they always just look more solid and staunch.

I know which i would take home. Gets a bit messy with the W220 and E65/66 because the 7 was just so unloved, but i think i still prefer the looks (and interior) of the BMW better.

When I searched W222 I came up with these.

10601925_690397917711831_1632502825_n.jp

Not to my tastes at all.

The one you posted however is much better.

My tastes tend more to the older cars..

• Like 1

When I searched W222 I came up with these.

Not to my tastes at all.

The one you posted however is much better.

My tastes tend more to the older cars..

Same model and trim broski, just different color, wheels and grille (all of which are options). The bigger mercs only look good in dark colors, i feel the same goes for BMWs too.

in saying that too, the F01/02 vs W222 would have to go to the Merc, the BMW looks kinda bland in normal spec.

BMW_7er_(F02)_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht,_16

S_W222_1.jpg

^ yeah the F01/F02 is a bit of a failure style wise. Generic saloon shape with a very odd kidney grill arrangement, the size and placement with that flat front looks so wrong.

Mercedes and Audi have been making much better front ends because of their grille design and the current pedestrian impact legislation.

Sad the days of jutting out bumpers are well gone...

Audi lost it on the B5-B6 transition (imho) but have picked up their game since.

I'd love one of these, find a good late 728i and change the engine to something a bit nicer

3.5 Litre M52 / M54 would be cool to make it like the old 735i E32 with the M30.

But that is quite costly for little gain...

Costly is right! Only option I've come across is a US$4k crank from VAC. Otherwise 186ci is the best it'll get :(

A 728i is a really good, relatively low-cost and simple way to enjoy the drive to work, especially if you have any SH kms to traverse.

It's one of the reasons I bought the 500SE. It's a helluva lot cheaper, and on my run can return 10km per litre. So relaxing... And you arrive at work (and home, later) in a much better frame of mind.

wish i had nice open roads to travel to work on, instead im stuck doing SH2 in rush hour to wellington. No car can make that trip tolerable or calming. fml.

wish i had nice open roads to travel to work on, instead im stuck doing SH2 in rush hour to wellington. No car can make that trip tolerable or calming. fml.

Toyota Corolla diesel wagon and a good sound system. :D

• Like 1