Sign in to follow this  
gjm

2005 Motorsport 530d Touring

Spotted, also. Thought it was a pretty good deal all-round. NZ New, Motorsport. Figured this would be a good price for a petrol at these kms. let alone a diesel

^ that's a conservative figure, should be able to have a real world 7.1 if you are a relaxed driver.

Maybe we'll stick with our old 320d.

That's about 6.1. :)

Not very economical at 8.1 for a diesel

Pretty economical for its ability to haul a$$ !!!

500NM @ 2000rpm

Edited by aja540i
  • Like 1

Not very economical at 8.1 for a diesel

That is suppose to be combined. A pointless figure because there are so many variables - a car driving around wellingtons hilly narrow streets with a several motorway runs will burn more than the same car living on the north shore.

But like for like a 530i petrol might be another 2.0 l/100km which puts a question over whether the diesel is worth it. My daily commute mostly open road in the Waikato saw my e46 320d at 6.2-7 l/100km while e39 530i was mid 8s. Puts a question mark over the financial benefits of the diesel not to mention the e39 being a superior open road driver.

• Like 1

That is suppose to be combined. A pointless figure because there are so many variables - a car driving around wellingtons hilly narrow streets with a several motorway runs will burn more than the same car living on the north shore.

But like for like a 530i petrol might be another 2.0 l/100km which puts a question over whether the diesel is worth it. My daily commute mostly open road in the Waikato saw my e46 320d at 6.2-7 l/100km while e39 530i was mid 8s. Puts a question mark over the financial benefits of the diesel not to mention the e39 being a superior open road driver.

I figured that E39 530 diesel would save us $200 per 10,000km over the petrol model. Decided to go the petrol route because 1: Diesels cost more to purchase and 2: you can't buy one, because nobody wants to sell theirs

Still want that midrange torque though...