Sign in to follow this  
eliongater

E28 Storage Wellington Region

Hi guys, I wasn't planning on buying another project but an e28 m535i popped up for a price I couldn't refuse... I've now got two (maybe) e28 project cars and only space for one.

I haven't had time to properly check the body yet, but will be doing so this weekend. If I decide it's worth saving I'll need somewhere to store it (fairly long term I think), if it's too far gone I'll just remove all the parts and put them on my 525e and scrap the body (as much as it pains me to do so :( ).

just bring it home, you could have it stripped in a weekend.

just bring it home, you could have it stripped in a weekend.

This is storage if I decide not to strip it. Otherwise the plan is to strip it this weekend

I own a vehicle storage company here in Wellington, I also own a E28 M535i, would love to help out, feel free to call me

Check www.barrysgarage.co.nz

Regards

Barry

• Like 2

I own a vehicle storage company here in Wellington, I also own a E28 M535i, would love to help out, feel free to call me

Check www.barrysgarage.co.nz

Regards

Barry

Thanks. Your website isn't working for me though. I get a 403 forbidden error

so Elijah, are you stripping it this weekend? Pics or it didn't happen!

Any surplus parts? Need dome black executive rear speakers, boot badge, rear door window outer seal strip (rubbery part connected to the chrome trim), fuel flap lock actuator....and maybe a Hirschmann antenna if good condition.

Sorry I haven't rung you yet Barry, I've been meaning to.

I'll probably be fixing the m535i. I may have ended up with another parts car for both the 525e and m535i now lol. If I have any parts left after fixing both I'll let you know.

EDIT: Pics soon

Edited by eliongater

Looks like your going to have your hands full Eli.

It'll be a good project though.

Two more and you'll have five 5's. :D

• Like 1

Looks like your going to have your hands full Eli.

It'll be a good project though.

Two more and you'll have five 5's. :D

Hahaha, only fair you make that comment :P . It won't be 3 for very long at all and I might have to bring it back to one at some point :(

your parents are hoping they're not going to have to have the "you're not adding that shitbox onto our driveway - one's enough!!" conversation with you. You might consider concentrating your time/effort/resources onto one, mate. That way you've got a running vehicle; there's always time for more. #8 )

your parents are hoping they're not going to have to have the "you're not adding that shitbox onto our driveway - one's enough!!" conversation with you. You might consider concentrating your time/effort/resources onto one, mate. That way you've got a running vehicle; there's always time for more. #8 )

I'll only have one on the driveway at a time, for that very reason. I'll still be focusing on the 525e which is almost ready now anyway. This is more of a longer term project

what's left to do on your e, E?

what's left to do on your e, E?

Retune it (running a standard 2.5 tune with lower rev limit), properly attach the shift linkage, finish the engine to body loom adapter, repair/mod the engine loom to suit an e28 vs e30 and fit the correct throttle body and boot to suit the ICV. I either have the parts or they are on their way (1 or 2 small things left to sort).
  • Like 1

Wow, seems strange you cant get on my website, will get my Tech guy to have a look

One of my lock ups is in Porirua, so if you want to have a look at some stage let me know

I could be interested in a few bits as well

Regards

Barry

• Like 1

Retune it (running a standard 2.5 tune with lower rev limit), properly attach the shift linkage, finish the engine to body loom adapter, repair/mod the engine loom to suit an e28 vs e30 and fit the correct throttle body and boot to suit the ICV. I either have the parts or they are on their way (1 or 2 small things left to sort).

mate, that's superb. You'll be ready for a WoF in no time. And then tyres! Or have you sorted that already?

• Like 1

Barry, I was able to get to your website with ease over the weekend.

• Like 1

Hey Eli I'm after some Mtech springs for my e28 if you've any excess from this little venture...... ;)

I wish I had some, unfortunately, it has Jamex ones :( .

Wow, seems strange you cant get on my website, will get my Tech guy to have a look

One of my lock ups is in Porirua, so if you want to have a look at some stage let me know

I could be interested in a few bits as well

Regards

Barry

It seemed to work sometimes and not others, so I'm not sure what's going on sorry. I'll give you a ring tonight/nowish.

mate, that's superb. You'll be ready for a WoF in no time. And then tyres! Or have you sorted that already?

That's the plan (hopefully...). I can get a wof on the stock wheels and tyres, but once I decide what I'm doing there I can sort that in a day or two.