Sign in to follow this  
SmithyInWelly

FS: '01 525i Msport

$5k - possibly a bit less for a Bsporter!

Runs well, everything works - including an aftermarket bluetooth head unit (original nav/audio/comp unit comes with). Body is pretty straight tho front windscreen rubber is perished (tho no leaks) and the front spoiler is cracked on each side under the fog lights (which work).

I bought the car around 6 mths ago from a fellow Bimmersporter here in Wellington as I needed an auto commuter following surgery. It's now done around 148km and hasn't missed a beat in the time I"ve owned it.

It's ex Japan so is pretty well optioned, vin is: GX91315 so check it out.

No rush to sell but keen to get something a bit more fun to drive now I've recovered and can probably change gears again. If I've still got it in July will give it a service, get a new warrant and chuck another years rego on there - which of course will be reflected in the price, and chuck it on Tard Me. In the meantime, someone on here can get a relative bargain, just as I did.

It's not perfect but looks good and goes well. No service history but clean engine bay and cooling system looks to have been refurb'd by a radiator place in Chch; and Greg gave it an oil/filter service just before I got it.

post-53018-0-62678300-1447893216.png

Cheers

Smithy

Edited by SmithyInWelly
  • Like 1

looks really pretty tidy. GLWS!

• Like 2

Looks well tidy, got any interior pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bga

Interior didn't come up too well because of the bright Wellyfornia sunshine (lol), it's pretty clean - have original audio/comp/nav unit also.

congrats

• Like 1

Damn... that's not much money! I was hoping our might be worth a little more than that :o It's not motorsport (though it has the suspension) but it manual...

Maybe I'll keep it longer... until it dies...

• Like 2

Yeah, they're not worth much these days - mine is also ex Jap with no service history so whilst it presents well it wasn't one you could ask top dollar for. It was a fair price and the new buyer was pretty happy so that worked for me :)

Now I have no car. This is not ok lol

well yeah, but think of all the freendom and choice you have!?

• Like 2

I got a good car and didnt have to give any hugs for it. :D

• Like 1

Yeah, they're not worth much these days - mine is also ex Jap with no service history so whilst it presents well it wasn't one you could ask top dollar for. It was a fair price and the new buyer was pretty happy so that worked for me :)

Ours is "cosmetically challenged", but mechanically brilliant - doesn't bode well for selling...

... I might have to "accidently" overheat it, and then may as well fit a 3.0 :lol:

Ours is "cosmetically challenged", but mechanically brilliant - doesn't bode well for selling...

... I might have to "accidently" overheat it, and then may as well fit a 3.0 :lol:

Before you overheat it PM me your rock bottom cash price. I'm not afraid of cosmetically challenged... although a 5'er might be a bit bigger than I want.

• Like 1

Before you overheat it PM me your rock bottom cash price. I'm not afraid of cosmetically challenged... although a 5'er might be a bit bigger than I want.

Haha - I've got far more fun things to spend my car allowance on, and I couldn't think of selling the E39 until I've made it's replacement fast enough for the school run!

Could easily be 6 months, to a year (or 3...) ;-)

weren't you bolting in a whole bunch of forced-induction audi 4x4 kit into the Touran, Allan?

weren't you bolting in a whole bunch of forced-induction audi 4x4 kit into the Touran, Allan?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! It's a secret!

No forced induction. yet anyway - probably not ever, but I can dream. Nah, R32 3.2 VR6 and 4x4. Still a LONG way to go. Kids will be moved out of home, by the time it's done :-)