Sign in to follow this  
325_driver

READ !!!!!

hows this for DIP SHITE !!!!

i was gonna put up a poll on how stupid this is

give me a 1 - 10 rating, with 10 being absolute dip sh*t. sorry for the language but ull see why im using it ..... this has costed me 500 to get repaired cause i dont have the time or effort to do this lol

This is about after the clutch re install haha

and the two sensors that are plugged into the gear box were making contact with the metal piece that sends the signal on the fly wheel

dont know how

but yeh ....

so what do you reakon was the out come lol

piece chipped off fly wheel ...... crap ...

and sensors smashed to pieces

great lol

steve at sherson had a bit of a frown on his face lol

so did i

but yeah 500 dollars later the car goes

give me some inside info on how dumb that was ......... ( im rating that a 15 outa 10 stuff up )

Sorry dude but you don't really make a hell of a lot of sense

Sorry dude but you don't really make a hell of a lot of sense

yeah I had the same thing, hence why no post.

right, some how in alligning the gear box the two sensors that plug into the gear box had jammed up against the fly wheel

so in running the car for five minutes it juddered then stopped and wouldnt start

the diagnostic is the two sensors had smashed to pieces and a piece had chipped off the fly wheel

500 dollars later yay

that better ?

sorry on the confusing post lol ......

current mood: happy. :D

currently listening to: some crap pop music. :D

i like lollies and kittens!

my gear box done some funny stuff LOL. KEKE i like puppies.. lol

lots of monies was spent by me :P

i love my life.. HEHE!

LOL!

:D

pretty dumb but could hapen to anyone i guess.

good idea for a new thread though... whats the most stupid thing you have done to your car and what did it cost to fix?

pretty dumb but could hapen to anyone i guess.

good idea for a new thread though... whats the most stupid thing you have done to your car and what did it cost to fix?

Haha, putting a gearbox through the sidewall - $300 :wacko:

Parking it on the road overnight and getting it broken into / ignition ripped out / ecu fried / alarm fried - $1200 :thumbsdown:

just kidding.

um accidentally touch both terminals on the battery with a spanner. a shock!

ummmm .... ok im not the only one with bad luck with car crap

yay lol

i havent heard any thing really classic yet .....

im sure some ones got some thing with the "holy flying sh*t" factor

although gear box through the side wall sounded mean .... lol

oh yeah ... once all this crap is fixed im almost thinking about selling it

thats how depressing it is .... lol you can be assured it has new tyres new clutch and every thing

perfect car ready for one massive burn out

1986 E30 325i manual ? how much ? offers

Dumb thing no ... (not on me beemer tho)

In a hurry, put the new rotor in, then the new distributor cap on, but not on properly. Cranked the starter, smashed the distributor cap into a heap of pieces.

Another really great one was on my old Audi.

Driving along and could hear it pinking a little so pull into a little county garage (mistake no 1)

Ask the mechanic if he could retard the ignition just a tad as the engine was pinking.

The mechanic decides it would be best to pull the whole distributor out to see if there was something wrong with it. I agreed (mistake no 2)

Strips it apart and it looks ok so puts it back together (wrongly) mistake no 3

Puts the distributor back into the engine and it doesnt seat properly into the block. Clamps it up anyway while I stand meekly by and watch, thinking 'he's a mechanic...he will know what he's doing' (mistake no 4)

Righto he says see if it starts. I turn the key and try and start it (Biggest mistake)

The helical gear that drives the distributor that the idiot put on upside down shatters, sending pieces of gear down into the engine necessitaing the car having to be towed 200kms to the nearest dealer for the motor to be lifted, the sump removed and all the bits fished out, and me having to stand around in a little hic town in Southland while I waited for someone to come and pick me up. That person later became my wife so something good came out it after all lol.

Edited by ducatiss

me having to stand around in a little hic town in Southland while I waited for someone to come and pick me up. That person later became my wife so something good came out it after all lol.

Hope you don't mind me nosy, was she a roadside rescuer ??

Geez, you blokes have some bad luck. The only slightly bad thing I've done to a car myself was when I was installing new set belts in my Fiat 124 coupe.

I somehow managed to drill through the fuel line. Being a sparky, I just taped it together and nipped down to the garage and got a bit of hose from the mechanic. Cut the pipe and slipped the hose over it and as far as I know its still like that.

Guest Andrew

i've more than once forgot to tighten up wheels - worse that has happened is that it's all gone wobbly and i've had to call home to bring teh 17mm socket to me.

Guest Andrew

wait i have a new one

I'd just picked up this E30 323i with a 2.5 ltr motor in it (that Graeme built had motor swapped) - not the tidiest little car but it went pretty good.

Was driving home following gus and he wanted a drive - sure - why not. He gives it the biggest thrashing its ever had. BANG (cue metallic noises) - yeah thats right - exhaust valve has fallen into the piston - putting a hole in it and ruining the head.

I then decide the car needs a full rebuild and needs to be turned into a race car - except i did it twice - so it cost even more.

Cost $60, 000

Don't feel bad, Andrew, that happened to my son's car following a service job at the local Mitsubishi agents. I was driving it home and the handling/vibration was horrendous. All four wheels - not even hand-tightened - just positioned in there.

Even the so-called experts can do it.

Just rememberised another:

Are you sitting comfortably? Good.

Allow me, if you will, to relate a short story - a story of stupidity, of a lesson learned and a warning of unexpectedness.

I used to keep my access card for the parking area at work under the strip on the back of my driver's side sun visor in my car. One day, in my dreamstate, as I slipped the card back in, instead of sliding under the strip, it slipped through the space where the sliding mirror is, into the void beyond.

For those who don't know, BMWs have a sliding cover over the mirror on the sun visors. When the cover is slipped open, two little lights come on, so the viewer can apply their lippy etc (or in my case marvel at how great I look - LOL). Naturally there is a very small space where the sliding cover slides...

Now, being a resourceful chappy, I attempted to hook the card back out again, however all I accomplished was to push it further inside the visor.

Never mind, thought I, I'll just go to security and get another, which I duly did, with my wallet being lighter by the $20 fee for a lost card.

No worries, you might think. All sorted, you'd say.

Well, being me, I was mildly annoyed at being beaten by a silly little access card and a tight slot. So I fashioned a hook wire and fished around inside the visor. Aha! Founderised it, thought I. But. It got snagged on some internal thingamebob (technical name - you need to be an engineer to understand that) and would not exit to the wide world again.

No worries, I thought, I'll just turn the visor upside down and tap it until it comes free. Excellent thought. Now the unforseen part of the problem presented itself.

The hinged part of the visor is made of hard plastic, moulded around the little wires which feed the lights when the cover is slid. One thing about hard plastic is that is does not enjoy being bent too far, so when it gets to that state, it snaps ~ and so it did. Thus Hookes Law of Elasticity was again demonstrated to me - I should have paid more attention in Mechanics of Solids.

Bugger!

Now, as you may realise, I am not one to put up with bodged repairs and sub-standard bits on my cars, so I pulled it all off and popped cheerily into the local BMW agent. Here's a challenge, says I to Sue in the parts office. After re-telling the saga, she comforts me with a cheery, best of luck, mate, don't hold your breath.

Bugger!

I had to settle for a used one at half the price of a new sunvisor. $200 ish

So listen and learn, young friends, from the folly of the aged.. should such a problem surface in your life - remove the sunvisor from the car before attempting to force it into places it is not designed to go.

Just rememberised another:

man that story rules.

love it how you got a card but just couldnt let it slide..

class.

meh i would have done the same!

(oh and you should remember to spell remember correctly, remember that.)

Like the 3rd post on this site went something like this:

I have the key to my door in the car. I have a different key for the ignition, out of the car. The battery is dead, and the only way to open it is with the alarm.

Topless kindly tells us that we can open the bonnet using the crafty secret squirrel way. Get bonnet open, get the Honda next to it to jump it, goes OK. Then my mate decides he will take the positive terminal off the battery while holding the bonnet. After he stopped shaking, we put the cars away.

After that, the self pwnage was aplenty.