hqstu

e46 330ci Clubsport SSG

Ordered some Black/gold ones which should match better and save cutting. BBS caps are all different fitment so you have to hack genuine stuff up or play around with lesser quality aliexpress bits.

• Like 1

Nice score on the wheels, do look like a cool design but that black-silver-red and blue combo just looks hella busy. Would be ideal if they were straight silver. Almost a shame they were recently redone since it makes less sense to repaint them now hahah

Pretty much. They were suppose to come black caps but he changed his mind hah. BBS diamond black(more of a gun metal grey) wasn't doable for various reasons so instead used a Mazda black which is appears noticeably darker but is suppose to be lighter in sun

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Pretty much. They were suppose to come black caps but he changed his mind hah. BBS diamond black(more of a gun metal grey) wasn't doable for various reasons so instead used a Mazda black which is appears noticeably darker but is suppose to be lighter in sun

Be good to get some sun to see the true colour. lol. 

Im sure ill post some more in better light with different caps, but i dont see the sun making a massive different tbh. Main benefits are minor increase in performance, way stronger and straighter wheels, nicer ride and look with the 40 profile tyre and offset and having a square setup for easy of use and cheaper tyres.

• Like 1

I hear you on the straight wheels. I took some to get the lips refurbished today and one was wonky as once it was in the machine. I hadn’t driven in them yet. Glad I got it checked before it sent me down a rabbit hole. 

• Like 2

BBS RX / RG-R are god tier wheels for the E36/46. Great choice. Can't really complain at being freshly refurbed either - I've spent stupid monies in the past doing that exercise so can totally understand not wanting to spend the money if someone else already has!

• Like 1

Completely agree. Paint costs arent cheap and finding something even remotely decent in these specs and price range was way harder than i expected. They are 6k new in US before any than other expenses so i thought 2k was very reasonable. Worst case i can repaint them down the line if i really want to. Ive been fortunate in the past to own 3 sets of various used forged BBS wheels that were all under 1k at the time. You still pay the brand tax but used quality beats all low quality aftermarket junk any day with a much lower premium.