Jacko

The 130i Thread

On the E46 you can back the front subframe bolts out a handful of turns and give yourself an extra bit of clearance for the top bellhousing bolts. The extra inch or two of room makes a massive difference.

Best thing i ever bought for gearbox bolt removal(and engine mounts) was a 24" 1\2" extension, never touched that rubbish multiple 3\8" setup since.

46 minutes ago, Harper said:

top bellhousing bolts

Good idea, never considered that. Ive always used a wobble extension for the tight prick on the RHS.   

Looks like a solid project - https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/130i/listing/4859906831

Edited by Jacko

Since having my abs fixed, my cars throttle has been super sensitive. When I let off it’s very harsh and I get thrown forwards. If I hit a bump when in second, I’ll end up with my foot bouncing on the gas and I get thrown around and look like a dumbass. Anyone have any idea why this is happening? It never happened before.

On 2/6/2020 at 10:14 PM, Jacko said:

Might need the bushings changed? I ditched all the stock rubber bushes in mine and went teflon ECS tuning ones, not expensive and is pretty slick. 

The stock shifter feel is normally pretty reasonable though, they could be shagged. Not expensive anyway. 

How diificult a job is this Jacko ?

I would rate my wrenching at say a 6 out of 10 

6 minutes ago, mmario said:

I did it with the gearbox out, so was easy. Access probably a bitch with gearbox in. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mmario said:

Just had mine out.  It is doable but I wouldn't want to do it on the ground.  Driveshaft out would give you more room too.

• Like 1

This is interesting, tuned length headers with swappable internal velocity stack lengths. Available early 2025 (in carbon)  https://www.elementperformance.co.uk/

S series noise for an N52..

456337203_4229144654075405_3124893334065156019_n.jpg

456337390_4229144667408737_2403077291077279008_n.jpg

456431652_4229144594075411_8948501668366129922_n.jpg

Edited by Jacko

Hmm very interested in this. Still following the guys in the US with the ITB kit too. 

• Like 1

Am I right in thinking there is/was an issue with water pooling up in the headlight housing and drowning the ballast ?

I have a flicky headlight after parking outside for 3 weeks while the E39 underwent some love in the garage.

Yeah it was mentioned somewhere in this thread.  Though there has to be a cause as mine lives outside and I have never had a problem with water ingress.

Stock 130 around the ring, it actually winds out pretty impressively. 

8 hours ago, Jacko said:

Stock 130 around the ring, it actually winds out pretty impressively. 

Over 20k EUR to fly it to Germany. Wow. Good to hear Misha says he likes the Chassis. 

• Like 1

What tyre sizes are those with the Style 207 rims running?
I see they are meant to be 205/50 and 225/45.
Wondering if I just find some wheels like on my other 130i which are 18" style 269 which are 8 and 8.5's.

I feel like the 17's are just too narrow for a 130.

Comparison between my 130 with 17's and my 130 with 18's.

image.pngimage.png

Edited by Driftit

Did a run from Wellington to Havelock using the Gentle Annie route, if you have not driven this road I highly recommend, superb !

thumbnail_IMG_2762.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/26/2024 at 1:25 PM, Driftit said:

What tyre sizes are those with the Style 207 rims running?
I see they are meant to be 205/50 and 225/45.
Wondering if I just find some wheels like on my other 130i which are 18" style 269 which are 8 and 8.5's.

I feel like the 17's are just too narrow for a 130.

Comparison between my 130 with 17's and my 130 with 18's.

image.pngimage.png

Im running Eagle F1 Asym5 's on a 205/50 square setup currently on my 207's. They get the job done fine currently, but I would chalk that up to the grip of Eagle F1's rather than the wheel width. 17's also just don't look that appealing on the 130 IMO as a set of 18's so 18's are definitely on the shopping list lol

21 minutes ago, eski said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/car-parts-accessories/bmw/other/listing/4901450937

Sadly not an actual M performance backbox, but still pretty cheap if anyone wants one to cut up and have some fun with...

For those who want a genuine 135 M Performance Exhaust:

https://hellbm.com/product/genuine-e82-bmw-performance-exhaust/

• Like 2

Anyone have a recommendation on a car cover? I’ve got a semi enclosed carport but still get so much wind blown pollen etc.

4 hours ago, eski said:

Im running Eagle F1 Asym5 's on a 205/50 square setup currently on my 207's. They get the job done fine currently, but I would chalk that up to the grip of Eagle F1's rather than the wheel width. 17's also just don't look that appealing on the 130 IMO as a set of 18's so 18's are definitely on the shopping list lol

I picked up some cheap Style 386 on the weekend.
They look like this.  Okay I guess.  Better size than the 207's.
225/40 and 245/35 which is the same as my white 130 on style 269's.

4469523171_db9aee71b6_b.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Driftit said:

I picked up some cheap Style 386 on the weekend.
They look like this.  Okay I guess.  Better size than the 207's.
225/40 and 245/35 which is the same as my white 130 on style 269's.

4469523171_db9aee71b6_b.jpg

Have you had a chance to get them mounted yet? Would be interesting how much difference the extra width makes… 

Don’t love or hate 386’s but don't think it would matter if I had a set of 269’s in the same garage to stare at lol. 

After parking outside for a week, my 130i's headliner is now sagging. Any recommendations for upholsterers in Auckland?