Jacko

The 130i Thread

6 minutes ago, KwS said:

IIRC the GM has a metal sump pan and the ZF black plastic. Might be an easy way to identify them.

Yes good point. 

Gday all. 
I am looking to get back into a BMW and am interested on one For Sale in Auckland. Problem is I am based in the South Island. Are there any knowledgeable forum members who would take a look for me - for a fee of course! Keen to get an unbiased look over it. 
It’s an e87 130i.
Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Possibly, flick up a link, where in Auckland is it?

4 minutes ago, SmithyInWelly said:

And on a similar note, if anyone knows anything about the Kiwi new one in Waiuku - hit me up 👍

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/130i/listing/4241116501

That poor thing has seen some sh*t... at least its cheap. Exhaust butchery, aftermarket ebay headlights... at least its cheap, probably all fixable with TLC

Looks like it could be a reasonable price.  I paid 10k for mine with more kms and had to put in a couple thousand of maintainece work.  If it’s as tidy as he says / it looks.

29 minutes ago, Jacko said:

That poor thing has seen some sh*t... at least its cheap. Exhaust butchery, aftermarket ebay headlights... at least its cheap, probably all fixable with TLC

Good spot re the exhaust… the wheels and headlights already raised questions for me!

Thought about the cheapest one that’s in the Tron but it seems a bit hard with the seller, and that one here in the Hutt looks munted.

Looks like it could be a reasonable price.  I paid 10k for mine with more kms and had to put in a couple thousand of maintainece work.  If it’s as tidy as he says / it looks.

Not sure if anyone has used these guys: https://runautoparts.com.au, but just bought a 4 pack of Mann oil filters and 2 x cabin filters for about $130 delivered. Seemed really good value compared to other sites. Delivery took about a week 

32 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Not sure if anyone has used these guys: https://runautoparts.com.au, but just bought a 4 pack of Mann oil filters and 2 x cabin filters for about $130 delivered. Seemed really good value compared to other sites. Delivery took about a week 

yeah that is good value, best value for oil filters locally ive found is https://eurofina.co.nz/products/mann-oil-filter-kit-n54-n55 n54/55 is same as n52 

Hey,  I’m having an issue with my 130i, the audio cuts out intermittently when using radio and aux, sometimes it doesn’t do it at all and then other days it does it heaps. 
It’s a 2007 ccc idrive, I’ve read it could be the mulf but I don’t have Bluetooth and I’m not to technically savvy to be honest. 

Has anyone had this issue with their 130 and found a fix?

Cheers 

On 9/5/2023 at 2:12 PM, Dave_Tee said:

Yep - it’s currently on a truck to the South Island. Pick it up Thursday. 

Well... wheres the pics and build thread

11 minutes ago, Jacko said:

Did the engine get swapped with the trans? Good luck, looks like a nice one.

Yep whole drivetrain was swapped. Not sure why it was done that way but I guess the silver top engine is a bit nicer than the later one and the MSV70 ecu is more tunable. mileage on the donor engine was almost exactly the same as the original. 

On 9/8/2023 at 11:43 PM, Jacko said:

Well... wheres the pics and build thread

Here she is. 

Going to drive it a while as is but will be ultimately be looking to use it for some track day fun so will go down that route eventually. 

Had a good read of your thread @Jacko. Some great info in there! 

IMG_0511.jpeg

IMG_0509.jpeg

• Like 5

Just doing abit of Preventative Maintenance before summer

Anyone here can recommend me a place where I can service my

Transmission 
+Diff fluid (otherwise i can probably diy this) 

Based on google I heard the guys over at "The Gearbox factory" are the top dogs in AKL when it comes to Transmission servicing.
Got quoted $710 for Transmission (full service) and extra $100+- for diff , all inc gst

However keen to know if you guys have any suggestions

My Car is BMW 130i Automatic '06

Edited by Angelo