Sign in to follow this  
M3AN

Wipertech Opinions

Has anyone had experience with https://www.wipertech.co.nz/ wipers? If so, your thoughts?

They're full arm replacements but apparently custom sized and come with a 12 month warranty.

$100 for 3 (130i) which isn't chump change but probably $299 less than BMW NZ would charge.

I realised last week coming back from the Coromandel in torrential rain that my current wipers/blades suck hard.

I was going to grab a set to try but the website said they weren't doing orders at the moment? Might go back to my usual Bosch Aerotwins (which are fantastic) 

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

Has anyone had experience with https://www.wipertech.co.nz/ wipers? If so, your thoughts?

They're full arm replacements but apparently custom sized and come with a 12 month warranty.

$100 for 3 (130i) which isn't chump change but probably $299 less than BMW NZ would charge.

I realised last week coming back from the Coromandel in torrential rain that my current wipers/blades suck hard.

Go to BMW and buy just the rubber inserts for your wipers, expensive for a little bit of rubber, but last a lot longer than most aftermarket stuff and you don't have to butcher anything to install them! I get new ones every year (+/- 12 months!)

I bought PIAA silicone wipers for the 335i off Amazon. They're excellent. They keep your windscreen coated in a silicone film like rain-x. 

Which works great especially if you do use ran-x because it doesn't scrub off the coating with use like regular wipers.

And apparently they last just about forever, but I have not been able to put that to the test. 

I bought some front ones from them and not really impressed as it started to stutters across the screen...

• Like 1

www.heyner.co.uk

Speed spoiler blades in your letter box for less than $50 a set of two. Posts running a little slow at the moment but.

6 hours ago, Bandit said:

www.heyner.co.uk

Speed spoiler blades in your letter box for less than $50 a set of two. Posts running a little slow at the moment but.

Thanks, hadn't heard of them. Do you have a link to the ones you have? Even if they're for a different car... and it seems they all need an (included) adaptor to fit, bather than direct fit, is that the case? TBH I found the info on the website a bit confusing. Actually wipers are unnecessarily confusing period.

We use the exclusive speed spoiler blades on all our cars. Simple to fit, direct fit straight on. Just got a pair for the M   Stg24  in the letter box.

OE supplier to the big 4 German manufacturers.

Its really quite a simple website Dave ?

39 minutes ago, Bandit said:

Its really quite a simple website Dave ?

The site is simple enough, the info not-so-much. For example, where do I find the matrix that compares the features of the various blades they sell for similar prices? How am I meant to choose otherwise? Navigate back and forward between pages and try and interpret their English-as-a-second-language text? I don't have the time.

And they don't market "exclusive speed spoiler blades" for the 1er, hence my request for a link.

Semantics. You ask for recommendations, or information, foolishly I replied. If its good enough for Porsche BMW Audi and Mercedes surely you can work it out. Measure your wiper blades, tick the boxes. The RHS has an aeroblade.

Edited by Bandit