Sign in to follow this  
Kodachrome

I just bought a V12 Twin Turbo BMW

Aka the 2009 F02 760Li.   Its great, but I just had a poke around the engine bay... man these things are crammed and alien looking! I can see some minor weepy plastics and lines for the cooling system but I cannot see:

- MAFs ( I change these on every car I buy thats like 100k+ km)

- Aux Pump (interior vents dont blow hot air..)

- Water Pump

- 3rd water pump, for turbos

Man it goes though, such a fantastic car to drive and be in.

20220201_164247.jpg

Edited by Kodachrome
Photo
  • Like 4

Wow! That is “compact” in there.. be such a mission to try and get to anything to work on it. 

• Haha 1

Car version of hot potato 

• Haha 1

Congrats, F series is way better then E66. Stunning car, need to see some pics!
Although my rear suspension just gave out yesterday so maybe not that much better  🤦‍♂️

FBF877A4-17D0-423C-9B8D-0FEC0EF25AA6.jpeg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Breaker said:

Congrats, F series is way better then E66. Stunning car, need to see some pics!
Although my rear suspension just gave out yesterday so maybe not that much better  🤦‍♂️

FBF877A4-17D0-423C-9B8D-0FEC0EF25AA6.jpeg

Now you just need to cut the front springs, get some mirror tints and black out the lights!! ;)

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, aja540i said:

Now you just need to cut the front springs, get some mirror tints and black out the lights!! ;)

Cap on backwards, seat reclined right back, fit in with the locals 👍

• Haha 1

On 2/1/2022 at 5:15 PM, Kodachrome said:

Aka the 2009 F02 760Li.   Its great, but I just had a poke around the engine bay... man these things are crammed and alien looking! I can see some minor weepy plastics and lines for the cooling system but I cannot see:

- MAFs ( I change these on every car I buy thats like 100k+ km)

- Aux Pump (interior vents dont blow hot air..)

- Water Pump

- 3rd water pump, for turbos

Man it goes though, such a fantastic car to drive and be in.

20220201_164247.jpg

Brave man! Might be totally obvious but have you checked the stratification wheel on the climate vents to test for warm air? Also, if it's not been diagnosed as the water pump it may well be the water valve (no.5 in the image) that's stuck. Either way, neither are super major jobs. Instructions attached :D

f02-760li-ac-lines.png

64 11 262 Removing and installing:replacing auxiliary water pump.pdf 64 11 273 Replacing water valve for heater (N74).pdf

Edited by hugo_nz

Ah yes, the infamous stratification wheel, its caught me out before, sadly though in this case I had it set to Hot already.

I agree the Heater Valve is probably the issue, but Water Pump is more a scheduled maintenance concern!

Edited by Kodachrome
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kodachrome said:

Ah yes, the infamous stratification wheel, its caught me out before, sadly though in this case I had it set to Hot already.

I agree the Heater Valve is probably the issue, but Water Pump is more a scheduled maintenance concern!

Are you going to do the work yourself? Looking at the workshop manuals I am surprised at how easy the three water pumps are to replace, considering how tightly packed the engine bay is.

13 hours ago, hugo_nz said:

Are you going to do the work yourself? Looking at the workshop manuals I am surprised at how easy the three water pumps are to replace, considering how tightly packed the engine bay is.

I got access to the NewTIS Repair guides but not finding them as good as the older BMW manuals. Is the workshop manual different? A link top download would be amazing!

3 hours ago, Kodachrome said:

I got access to the NewTIS Repair guides but not finding them as good as the older BMW manuals. Is the workshop manual different? A link top download would be amazing!

Ah cool. NewTis is the workshop manual lol. Whats in there is exactly whats in the BMW ISTA-D software BMW uses. 

I'll have to look again, I checked it for something as simple as the Maf swap and found it gave 3 conflicting replacement guides, all labeled 760li!

Some F02 V12 goodness just released 

Edited by Breaker
  • Like 1