Sign in to follow this  
Simca

shipping gearbox from chch to napier

Anyone have a rough idea of the cost of shipping a gbox from chch to Napier and what the best place would be to go through? Eyeing up the 131 box on TM at the moment...

On the same note, shipping E32 Seats front and rear from Timaru to Wellington? Bulky and kinda heavy, what are my options?

Just got the call from them, $2200 to ship two front seats and the rear bench to Wellington, due to the size!  I think at those prices buying seats in a drivable car would be an idea...

• Haha 1

Mainfreight for road transport, depot to depot. Or Toll with the rail system. You have to take to depot and put on a small pallet, then shrink wrap. 

Cheap as chips, well, it's all relative. The other option if the gearbox is less than 25kg use the TradeMe Book a Courier function. Easy to measure up  and take quote off that.

The Pack n Send  quote above is a joke, they just don't want to do it 'cos its too hard    🙁

19 hours ago, Kodachrome said:

Just got the call from them, $2200 to ship two front seats and the rear bench to Wellington, due to the size!  I think at those prices buying seats in a drivable car would be an idea...

Mainfreight quoted me just shy of $500 to ship a pair of front seats from Cromwell to Wellington, depot to depot, so add in the rear seat and im not that surprised. Its all about that volumetric weight.

• Thanks 1

Could try your luck with the Find a Load FB group. Plenty of folks lugging stuff up and down the country, often with room to chuck some more stuff on board. Didn't end up going through with it at the time but found a fella willing to bring a pair of front seats from Auckland to Christchurch for $200 a while ago, as an example.

• Thanks 1

A few years back I used these guys to shift a set of wheels with tyres south to north. They did pickup and deliver door to door for the best price I could find, so worth checking out to see if they are still in business :)

WeFreight.png.71a81a6830b9ad9967385f7a07bf1e0c.png

Cheers...

• Thanks 1

Main freight would be your best option, as iv had years of experience sending and receiving stuff in the Hawkes bay area and they have always been the best option by far 👍

• Thanks 1