Sign in to follow this  
Cement

Tyre Black Recommendation ?

Going to wash the car and get it looking all pretty before the big day on Saturday ... looking for recommendation on a good tyre black ?

I use this if i am feeling lazy - https://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/p/sca-sca-tyre-black-375ml/339247.html

Otherwise i would normally buy armor all tyre shine or foam but they are all really much the same unless buying from a detailing place (my friends brother does professional detailing around the world and if i could afford it would buy his stuff)

For me personally if your rims look clean and you have wipped the inner guards i could care less about tyre's looking shinny as i like to look at peoples treads to see how there car drives

Thanks gents ... will try and get a hold of some of the Carpro product tomorrow in Auckland. Looks like its mostly online sales so if anybody knows of a retail outlet that would be handy.

If I can't get the Carpro stuff I will fall back to the tin 'o magic from SCA.

Oft, why would you spend that much to make your tyres look more black? For how long? And you need to dilute and have a means to apply? Seriously, unless you need a multi-month concours car that's just wasting money.

Just use something spray-on for short term, or rubber nugget (like the shoe stuff) for longer term if you need it. Save $$$.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.repco.co.nz/en/car-care-panel/car-care/polish-restoration/meguiar-s-endurance-tyre-spray-425ml-g15415/p/A1218555?kwSearch=meguiars tyre

The gel is also pretty good but slings quite a lot.

On my Mas I prefer the tyres to have a nice bright black shine.  On the BMW I'm happy with a dark matte black finish.

Edited by GorGasm
  • Like 1

As above CarPro Perl is legit, cost effective and best of all - you can dilute to your personal preference for gloss / matte level and dilute further to use on trims / interior etc.

A bottle should last a few years.

Edited by Sammo
  • Like 1