Sign in to follow this  
balancerider

a bit of a unicorn

Love a wagon me, even in 5 series. Theyre

everywhere In Europe, but dont seem to sell here as 99% of buyers end up going for the X5 instead.

I'll sell you mine for half that.  Imperial blue over grey.  And that would be overpriced!

Guessing you paying a big premium for build year, spec and k's. Doesn't seem like a car that would sell easy. 

10 hours ago, GorGasm said:

I'll sell you mine for half that.  Imperial blue over grey.  And that would be overpriced!

Imported F11's are a dime a dozen. Can think of very few NZ new ones (assuming that means anything). Diesel wagons looking less attractive currently with the trajectory of diesel vs petrol (95 is cheaper than diesel in Welly BEFORE you add on the RUC's)

• Like 1

NZ new just means it's worn out and covered in stone chips.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, GorGasm said:

NZ new just means it's worn out and covered in stone chips.

Japanese imports dont live long enough to get worn out or get stone chips.

Like that alot!   Sort of thing I could happily get rid of the X5 for, just maybe not at that kind of money.

On 10/16/2022 at 7:31 AM, GorGasm said:

Knowing yours and the spec I would also take it over this one. NZ new BMWs just make me wonder what common options are missing.

That changed many years ago, probably around early 2010s, NZ new cars are now amongst the highest specced of any market. Compare them against similar year Jap or UK imports.

Agree some earlier models do seem to be a little under-whelming in terms of options.

• Like 1

Seeing kiwi new E87 130i's or E90 335's with halogens always make me laugh. Top spec model and candles for headlights!?

I think the biggest gripe I have would be that kiwi new cars almost always have a poverty pack stereo option. So rare to see Hi-Fi or HK systems, let alone Individual audio. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Driftit said:

Knowing yours and the spec I would also take it over this one. NZ new BMWs just make me wonder what common options are missing.

This one is pretty nicely specced - there is a 2016 F11 535d ex-UK also on TM and this is much nicer, fancy merino leather, multifunction display, adaptive LED's...it doesn't want for much. Also no sunroof is a big plus.

50 grand is G30 540i money though, and they are a far more modern car.  I know there aren't any wagons listed at present, but I have seen a couple pass through for that.

Anyway, yeah the OP is nice but is 20 grand over priced.

Edited by GorGasm

On 10/15/2022 at 12:16 PM, balancerider said:

Can't imagine there were many(/any others) of these sold NZ new in 2016 (must've been special order, I think they'd stopped bringing in F11's after the LCI). Great colour combo and spec too.

Only two NZ new F11 LCIs, one petrol one diesel. So yup, unicorn.

But still over-priced and G31 is sooooo much better car.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2022 at 7:55 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Only two NZ new F11 LCIs, one petrol one diesel. So yup, unicorn.

But still over-priced and G31 is sooooo much better car.

Was the 435d GC ever brought in NZ new? Wouldn't mind that being my next daily...

Not as a part of the NZ model line up, but I think  a couple of pre-production units came in from Germany. 

With diesel being more expensive than petrol is it really worth it? It was borderline a few years back. 

that down low torque is addictive. also, as long as fuel efficiency is at least 30% better than the petrol models, i think there is still an argument to be had for diesels 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Driftit said:

With diesel being more expensive than petrol is it really worth it? It was borderline a few years back. 

Depends on the vehicle and what you use it for. Our little 116d would have no benefits over and above a petrol. However, if you’ve got a medium to large SUV and do a lot of towing / long distance highway drives then I would suggest you would still benefit a lot from a diesel.

5 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Depends on the vehicle and what you use it for. Our little 116d would have no benefits over and above a petrol. However, if you’ve got a medium to large SUV and do a lot of towing / long distance highway drives then I would suggest you would still benefit a lot from a diesel.

Pffft. That's what supercharged V8 Mercedes are for. If its not using 30l/100 towing the racecar whilst destroying a holden going onto the motorway what's the point?

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Yeah much better price.  Reckon the price of diesel at the moment has taken a shine off them though.

• Like 1