Xander

528i E39 Parts

Hi All,

I hope all is well.

Just looking for some e39 parts to spruce up my 2000 528i e39 factory manual car.

Any one have the parts below for sale?

- Body kit

- exhaust

- headers

- turbo kit

- BBS centre caps

- miscellaneous items

Please note, I am just putting my feelers out, seeing what is out there. However, I would like the bolded items first. 

Feel free to let me know if you have any thing that would be of assistance,

I look forward to hearing from you, cheers

• Like 1

Hi, I have just brought a e39 that I’m wrecking out for the gearbox, it has a Racing Dynamics kit, pretty subtle and stylish… the car is in transit to me, I should get it in another week.

brent

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, BrentNZ said:

Hi, I have just brought a e39 that I’m wrecking out for the gearbox, it has a Racing Dynamics kit, pretty subtle and stylish… the car is in transit to me, I should get it in another week.

brent

Hi Brent, thanks for the quick response I appreciate the help. Just let me know when the car lands and we take it from there. I am definitely interested.

Cheers

Xander

I have a 1999 E39 528i M/sport that I'm parting out, although the M/sport front and rear bumpers are gone, rear spoiler still present and M/sport exhaust still present.

1 hour ago, Kiwi_BMW said:

I have a 1999 E39 528i M/sport that I'm parting out, although the M/sport front and rear bumpers are gone, rear spoiler still present and M/sport exhaust still present.

Hi Kiwi,

Sweet update, thanks for this. I potentially want the spoiler.

However, regarding the m sport exhaust which one is it, just the standard m sport or m performance? Asking all these questions because from my understanding if it is just the m sport it is the same as my current stock one except different tips right? Please correct me if I am wrong... Still new to the BMW world. 

I look forward to hearing from you, let me know if you have any questions.

There's a few different types of bbs centre caps what type of wheels do you have?

10 minutes ago, Gaz said:

There's a few different types of bbs centre caps what type of wheels do you have?

Hi Gaz,

I will have to get more details when I am beside the car... Sorry for being so vague.

But I appreciate your help 

Capture+_2022-11-03-17-33-50.png

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

20221103_185821.jpg

20221103_185834.jpg

8 hours ago, Xander said:

m sport it is the same as my current stock one except different tips right?

Yep, msport has a straight tip which goes out rear of the msport bumper.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Yep, msport has a straight tip which goes out rear of the msport bumper.

Thanks for the confirmation 👍🏿

Edited by Xander

On 11/3/2022 at 8:11 AM, BrentNZ said:

brent

Sorry to ambush your thread @Xander but I'd be interested in the Racing Dynamics Kit ( @BrentNZ ) if you Xander is not going to take it.

On 11/3/2022 at 10:16 AM, Kiwi_BMW said:

@Kiwi_BMW What are the seats? motorsport cloth or msport leather?

Thanks

On 11/6/2022 at 9:41 PM, SHRNTA said:

Sorry to ambush your thread @Xander but I'd be interested in the Racing Dynamics Kit ( @BrentNZ ) if you Xander is not going to take it.

@Kiwi_BMW What are the seats? motorsport cloth or msport leather?

Thanks

Motorsport Alcantra

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 11:28 AM, Xander said:

Hi Kiwi,

Sweet update, thanks for this. I potentially want the spoiler.

However, regarding the m sport exhaust which one is it, just the standard m sport or m performance? Asking all these questions because from my understanding if it is just the m sport it is the same as my current stock one except different tips right? Please correct me if I am wrong... Still new to the BMW world. 

I look forward to hearing from you, let me know if you have any questions.

Not sure sorry

I have a silver e39 motorsport front and rear bumpers. Has some cracks and splits in it that would need repairing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, polley said:

I have a silver e39 motorsport front and rear bumpers. Has some cracks and splits in it that would need repairing.

Hi Polley,

Thanks for a response.

How bad are they, like alot of work required? Also do you have side skirts?

Btw, I will be in touch should the kit from BrentNZ above fall through. Hoping to have an update later this week 

I appreciate the help cheers 

Afternoon all, does any one know any one in Auckland that can replace / repair this part of windshield?

20221210_115227_HDR.jpg

20221210_115137.jpg

20221210_115319.jpg

BMW NZ is best place to get windscreen cowl, side triangular rubbers, and surrounding windscreen trim.  And it's an easy DIY, just need a suitable puller to get wiper arms off.

Else any windscreen repairer, but they will charge......of course....

Edited by hqstu
edit

4 hours ago, hqstu said:

BMW NZ is best place to get windscreen cowl, side triangular rubbers, and surrounding windscreen trim.  And it's an easy DIY, just need a suitable puller to get wiper arms off.

Else any windscreen repairer, but they will charge......of course....

Sweet yes, I have been reading so I think that will be this weekend's projects just need all the parts. Thanks for the follow up appreciate the help and will get a puller, cheers. I have been reading just trying to confirm how much parts or pieces I need?

On the earlier cars there is one fastener for the cowl in a slightly different place than the facelift car and they only supply the facelift cowl I think.  So you have to cut out a hole and fill the non-used hole with a blanking plug which I think BMW sell.  You also need the two corner triangular rubber pieces which are about $55 each... take your time installing these, work it out on how the old one comes out if they are still there. You can re-use the fasteners (plastic rivets).

Good day all,

Still interested in this.

Does any one have a msport donor car minus the engine? Want suspension, seats, lights, bumpers etc...

If you have the other parts in the list as well I would be keen.

I look forward to hearing from you.